Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS won't wake up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
rotated tires to original tires/wheels/TPMS
that were delivered on car, M3P 20"

everything worked when removed, now
I tired factory reset, learn tire presseure
selections, and complete re-boot.

still no pressure registered with old, newly
replaced OEM 20" wheels/tires.

FYI, they were off car 10-11 months?

couldn't find this problem in history here...

Check to make sure the size is right in the interface, and then I believe you have to wait. The car seems to take quite some time to recognize changes like this.

I have had a couple flats and had loaner tires (without TMPS) and the car takes 30-40 miles to even notice that it has a wheel without TPMS in it, and then when replaced, the error took the same amount of time to go away (even with a new tire with TPMS in it).

TL ; DR , drive some more, and it should kick in eventually.

OK,

I will carry on, I think I drove 12+ miles home?
embarrassed to say this AUG 18 build had 8,587
miles at swap today, I need a life…

thx!

Yeah it's completely random at times. When I swapped my winters on last year they registered within two drives. This year it was almost a week.

You'll randomly get a pop-up on the MCU saying it detected them while driving and then you'll be good.

Reactions: adhoc
questions:

1- after you rotate tires (the sensors are on the same old tires) how the car recognize the correct tires sensors after rotate?

2 If I buy a new complete set of 4 tires (with 4 rim and cover but no TMPS) , I want to buy a new set TMPS for the new tires set:
Can I buy from Tesla or other sources? If buy from Tesla: do they will install them for no cost or with a cost?

Hope someone has experiences can answer my questions
Thanks

questions:

1- after you rotate tires (the sensors are on the same old tires) how the car recognize the correct tires sensors after rotate?

2 If I buy a new complete set of 4 tires (with 4 rim and cover but no TMPS) , I want to buy a new set TMPS for the new tires set:
Can I buy from Tesla or other sources? If buy from Tesla: do they will install them for no cost or with a cost?

Hope someone has experiences can answer my questions
Thanks
1. The sensor ID will have changed on each corner and the car will recognize this and re-learn.

2. 2017-2020 Model 3’s have both OEM and aftermarket TPMS options. The 2021+ only has an OEM solution that you have to buy from Tesla. No matter where you go, they will charge you to install them unless you’re providing them at the point of tire/rim install.

Reactions: Charlie10