Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it me or does the MS have extremely sensitive tire pressure monitor switches. If the temperature drops slightly (40s), and the tire pressure drops 1 or more pounds, I get a low pressure warning on all 4 tires until I drive around and the tires warm back up. Is there anyway to change at what pressure it throws a warning? 40 lbs of pressure in each tire is not low yet I get a warning until it goes back up to 41. Any suggestions?

Just wondering if it's a problem with the sensors. My friends June 2016 70D is running into this, where the TPMS reading is different (lower) than the actual, where I've never had a problem at low temperatures with a Dec 2014 85.

Have you tried measuring "manually" what the pressure is? Is it actually 40psi when the warning goes off? Also, is it a recent car?
Car is a month old. Refreshed MS90D. It gives the warning in all 4 tires at 40#s. I know the tpms does not give an accurate reading but the tires are not low. I've measured using a gauge and they are all in the low 40 range. My other cars, I only got a warning when pressure drops to around 28. Even in my i3 which runs higher pressures. Does no one else have this problem?