Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track, AutoX, Time Trial, Drag Racing

Yeah or Nay on a dedicated Track/AutoX/Time Trial/HPDE/Legal Drag Racing subforum.

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is how we have been treating the Driving Dynamics section, it seems to be the closest to what we want to talk about!

There are some here (like OP) who want to split the discussion off into a separate section. The last time this came up, i gave my own personal opinion on this which hasnt changed.

If there is a dedicated track etc section, it will have the same small number of people talking to each other, and lose 3/4 of the eyeballs that currently see those posts mixed in here. I dont intend to track my tesla, but do enjoy reading others experiences about it (and talk about performance parts etc).

I enjoy it enough to read it here when I am reading about other topics in this section. Not sure I enjoy it enough to actually go seek out another section here to read it. For example, I almost never go look at the model S and X sections. I dont have those cars, they dont have my user interface (in general) and they have features etc that dont matter to me at this time.

If their content was in this section, I would read it while I am skimming other things. Since its in a separate section, no need for me to do that as someone has already segregated it off. Same thing would happen if track talk was separated off, in my opinion.

The OPs poll attempts to "simplify" the choice in this poll, and doesnt have a choice to maintain the status quo.. neither of those choices do that, thus I was unable to vote.

Reactions: Ugene and wenkan
Yes, I'd like to separate it so that there are less posts to sift through that are not at all related to driving dynamics as they apply to the track, or even driving dynamics in general.

BUT, if that fails, I typically know which usernames are posting relevant information, and to avoid posts/polls about aero wheels, screen protectors, and the configurator.

I would vote. However, I want to vote “yeah” to having a sub forum but I don’t see a clear option for that vote. I want less eyeballs on this stuff so there are less uninformed comments.

Yeah is voting for a new subforum that is focused on high performance dynamic driving that one would encounter at Track, AutoX, Time Trial, legal Drag Racing, HPDE, etc.. Having a focused subforum will make for a better experience for people that are trackies and people want to learn more about it. All the information in one spot without wasting time sifting through tons of unrelated topics.

Nay means keeping the status quote.

Reactions: mcbarnet007
Yeah is voting for a new subforum that is focused on high performance dynamic driving that one would encounter at Track, AutoX, Time Trial, legal Drag Racing, HPDE, etc.. Having a focused subforum will make for a better experience for people that are trackies and people want to learn more about it. All the information in one spot without wasting time sifting through tons of unrelated topics.

Nay means keeping the status quote.
Thanks for clarifying. I read it: Yeah, track driving, etc. should stay in the Driving Dynamics forum like it currently is.
Nay, Driving Dynamics is for efficiency so Track driving should get its own sub forum.

Reactions: beastmode13
Definitely need a track forum.
TMC is a great database of knowledge, but the signal-to-noise is lost in the plethora of recurring topics and daily discussions.
I'd suggest a few enthusiast admin/mods to keep the place tidy, group like topics together and shunt unrelated threads out to the general forums.
I'd include DIY mechanical work (brakes, suspension, light wheels, sticky tires, handling and alignment, aero, lap timers, safety gear) and track day, HPDE, or drag, drift and autocross topics (how to, where and when to track, how to charge) and all the usual topic and questions of things like insurance, track venue accommodation, logistics and contingency planning.

Yep, BBK is all for looks. I donated all the TVs in my house and forced my entire family to look at this instead of TV.

IMG_1887.JPG

So, where do we talk about drag racing?
Model S has some software option to do Ludacris. I guess Performance Model 3 needs no option!
The only thing I see interesting in track mode is in the cooling.
Track Mode:
Motor Torque for Rotation.
Increased Regenerative Braking.
Track Focused Powertrain Cooling.
Enhanced Cornering Power.

Yes, please. Tiring of sifting through a bunch of unrelated topics to find what I want.

Back in the day when I tracked my E46, M3Forum (BMW) had a dedicated Track section and it was the only one I ever bothered to visit.

It also would make it much easier for people who are just getting into Tracking to find everything in one place, rather than trying to look back hundreds of threads.