Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track days + FSD beta safety score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did some searching, apologies if this has been discussed but couldn't find anything. I actively track my MYP (at least one autocross/month, considering bigger track days quarterly). I'm guessing there's no way for the safety score to parse what's a track day and what's not? I was considering re-subscribing to FSD to try and get the beta, but if I'm going to have a super low score because I track the car there's no point (did 1 month of FSD subscription and didn't feel it was worth the money).

I posted this issue on twitter shortly after the entry criteria were revealed as well. No current way we know of to flag a track day for exclusion in the ratings score. And I'm sure tracking the car would destroy your day's numbers :(

Once Tesla is selling insurance and using the metrics to rate/price a car's policy, it would be nice to add a "going to the track" button to exclude a time period's metrics from normal driving ratings. It would, of course (at least logically), require you to pay for that metric exclusion in the form of a track specific coverage policy. I know people that track their cars can get insurance specifically covering track use, so not sure how that would all work out.

I'm attending a laps-for-charity event in a little over a week, and really don't know how this will figure into the ratings and eligibility for FSD beta. At the moment, I've got two days of 100's, and hoping to keep the number high to up my chances of early admittance.

We shouldn't be penalized for participating in these types of fundraising events if we choose.

Seriously? I posted this exact thread yesterday and the mods immediately blended it into the other 26 page thread as a "duplicate." ;)

I wonder if pulling the SIM card before tracking and then reseting the computer afterwards would work.
A model 3 does not have a physical SIM. It's an ESIM (soldered down).
But if you need to block connectivity, just connect to a WiFi hotspot that can't get to the internet. But you think they don't cache this? I guess if you did actually do a factory reset.

This is all still so hilarious to me that people are so willing to try all of this to get a lottery ticket to get a piece of alpha software that they paid money for, and aren't livid at Tesla for having such an arbitrarily distribution system. Seriously, Tesla couldn't filter out driver score reporting while in track mode?

We shouldn't be penalized for participating in these types of fundraising events if we choose.
It being fundraising has nothing to do with it. Tesla advertises track mode, and it is only to be used off street, so track mode should not count. The fact they use such a dumb, context-insensitive algorithm to choose things is silly.

Reactions: ahmadr
Reactions: pilotSteve
Not according to service manual:
Many embedded devices with eSIMs also have SIMs. The SIM is used to bootstrap the system and as a backup. The eSIM is the normal method.
The Model 3 has an eSIM as seen here:

You'll notice the service manual has a specific warning for the SIM process:
Warning:
This procedure was derived from pre-production computer models, and might not reflect the real-world situation.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniel in SD
Try it yourself. Before you park your car while still in Drive, do a scroll wheel reset. That drive should not get counted. This is kind of a hack so don't know if it'll work consistently.
This would require that I pay for FSD, just so I can get a "safety score" and then try to remember to reboot my car after every single time I go out for a lap. No thanks.

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
Autocross gives a 64 safety score. doesn't matter if you only do 1 run and drive a hundred perfect miles either, day gets the max penalty for turning and braking - really wack counting methodology.
I'm down to 80 after this weekend + today I have a 33!? false FCW & a little braking + I was actually trying to turn hard but never got flagged for it? super bunk data

Now I’ve done it 🤣Zero. FCW bull puckey! No disengagement’s or close followings ever 😇

Attachments

• 5CCB02A5-43B5-4012-B0CB-04B73CBA1C38.jpeg
    5CCB02A5-43B5-4012-B0CB-04B73CBA1C38.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 177
I have heard that you can revise your driving score for a particular day such as your track day. You do this by pressing on the left and right scroll buttons on the steering wheel before you leave the car on that day after your drive. This will zero out your score up until that time on that particular day. See if this will work.