Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #27 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed: Consolidation in LiDAR manufacturers; Volvo EX90 shipping with LiDAR; FSD Beta Full Release in N.A.; FSD detecting autopilot cheats, Gwen Shotwell directly overseeing SpaceX Starship; and more. You can watch it now on YouTube. We should have it published to podcast networks shortly.

Track Days

A few years back I was running my P85 on the track As you see in my and had the usual limp mode kick in after a few laps
Now with a P100 a few questions:

If I engage the launch mode will it help to keep the batteries cooler on the track = longer full power availability?
There was never a definitive answer as to what triggers limp mode back then, Battery, Motor Inverter temp but I have not been on the forum much so someone may have sussed it out.

On 16" rims and Pilot Super Sports what type pressure would be a good starting point?
I am in Florida so the track Temp is going to be up in the high 90s.

Traction Off but how about Regen on on off?

Thanks
Steve

mb300sd

Aug 22, 2017
GA
Launch mode/max battery preheats the battery, so it would probably make things worse. I always ran with it off on the track. Regen causes more battery/inverter/motor heating as well, so turn it to low.

Can you even fit 16" rims over the brakes? I usually started at 40 and adjust tire pressure after the first run of the day, after the tires heat up.

Yep should've realized that.
I ran with regen off the first session but boiled the fluid within 4 laps so it got rather hairy with no brakes
Personally I think the P85 was better behaved on the track, bottom line I will not be tracking this motor again (Back to the R500 Caterham for no frills fun)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC