Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few years back I was running my P85 on the track As you see in my and had the usual limp mode kick in after a few laps
Now with a P100 a few questions:

If I engage the launch mode will it help to keep the batteries cooler on the track = longer full power availability?
There was never a definitive answer as to what triggers limp mode back then, Battery, Motor Inverter temp but I have not been on the forum much so someone may have sussed it out.

On 16" rims and Pilot Super Sports what type pressure would be a good starting point?
I am in Florida so the track Temp is going to be up in the high 90s.

Traction Off but how about Regen on on off?

Thanks
Steve

Launch mode/max battery preheats the battery, so it would probably make things worse. I always ran with it off on the track. Regen causes more battery/inverter/motor heating as well, so turn it to low.

Can you even fit 16" rims over the brakes? I usually started at 40 and adjust tire pressure after the first run of the day, after the tires heat up.

Yep should've realized that.
I ran with regen off the first session but boiled the fluid within 4 laps so it got rather hairy with no brakes
Personally I think the P85 was better behaved on the track, bottom line I will not be tracking this motor again (Back to the R500 Caterham for no frills fun)