Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track mode at Drag strip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Track mode will provide additional cooling to the powertrain if you are doing multiple runs in a row. Ludicrous mode vehicles actually heat the battery pack to provide higher energy output, which the 3 does not do.

If you have enough time, try it both ways and see if there is any difference in time.

We've not heard of anything in Track Mode improving acceleration performance. We've read that the accelerator response profile may be different, but since you'll be pedal to metal, I doubt that would make any difference at all. If it did improve 0-60 times, Elon would have posted about it instantly.

But enough people read "Track" mode and think that their 0-60 times will improve that I think you should do a series of comparative runs and post the time slips to settle it once and for all!

What's the best way to launch an EV anyway? Just use one foot and go from brake to accelerator quickly? Or do you use two feet like an ICE auto and rev the accelerator and then let off brake?

You don't need to use two feet like an ICE since you don't have to rev the motor like an ICE :p

I've found the best way to take off is to release the brake hold and then smash the accelerator. If you leave the brake hold on when you hit the go pedal, it adds a slight delay to the launch.

• Helpful
Reactions: gavine