Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track mode coming to Dual Motor w/accel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been a while since I was on here...really haven't had much to post. But today saw an article that I really hope is true.

For those of us that bought the acceleration boost, track mode may be coming. Would be pretty sweet. I don't track the car (not do I plan to), but I love to tinker so would love to play around with some of the features in track mode.

Wow. Someone wrote a whole article based on a tweet that doesn’t answer a practical question. Of course track mode “could” be added but “WILL” it? It’s not even available on every Performance vehicle in the lineup. Why would they be rolling it out to those who bought the acceleration boost?

Thank goodness for online journalism.

They are just pointing out the response to the tweet, which I don't take issue with. There's far worse 'journalism' out there than this...it does indicate something coming for accel boost purchasers. Maybe not track mode....but something should be coming ...in Elon time.
Why do you say something is coming? The tweet and the article do not read that way at all. Pure speculation.

Why do you say something is coming? The tweet and the article do not read that way at all. Pure speculation.
Sadly I have to agree. I'm tempted to really parse the grammar of both the question and answer in this twitter exchange, but even if it was clear what exactly Elon meant, it doesn't mean we could infer a timeline at all. Maybe Elon meant "yes, we will provide track mode or TC disable with acceleration boost" but even if he did, that doesn't mean it will actually happen 😢