Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track mode disabled in Performance car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

holmgang

Sep 9, 2019
eu
Have a 2020 performance with the full kitchen sink package. Software is 2019.31.103.
I see track mode in the Controls\Driving menu. But it is grayed out and cannot be selected.

Car is in Park. Battery is sufficient. Doesnt matter what regen and accelerate modes are toggled. Any other reason why this is so? None I can find in current users manual....

Have a 2020 performance with the full kitchen sink package. Software is 2019.31.103.
I see track mode in the Controls\Driving menu. But it is grayed out and cannot be selected.

Car is in Park. Battery is sufficient. Doesnt matter what regen and accelerate modes are toggled. Any other reason why this is so? None I can find in current users manual....

Car is in Park, and brake has been engaged? Not in chill mode are you?

@holmgang,

^^^^^^This. Press brake pedal while in park should allow TRACK MODE selection. Let us know if it works for you. If not try it while in drive. The former should work.

Ski

They should really include this in the next revision of the manual. I remember when they started selling P3D- again, the reddit sub got overrun by people complaining that their stealth cars had track mode grayed out.

Reactions: Skione65
How long have you had it? It took a few days before it showed up on my P3D.

Day 3. It's always been on the screen, but simply not selectable.

I don't understand the rationale for requiring the brake to be pressed, or for any of the cameras to have been calibrated, or why an out-of-the-box feature takes days to show up..... But anyway I'm away from the car so will try it later