Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Mode Donuts in the Snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot wait to get to a snowy parking lot with mine! I just don’t live in snow country anymore...
How much would it let you do without Track Mode?

Without track mode it lets the rear end kick out about 15-20 degrees under acceleration and then it holds it there. Going around snowy corners fast under throttle it's almost like having the hand of God helping you out. It feels like there is a giant gyroscope in the middle of the car stabilizing everything.

Without track mode it lets the rear end kick out about 15-20 degrees under acceleration and then it holds it there. Going around snowy corners fast under throttle it's almost like having the hand of God helping you out. It feels like there is a giant gyroscope in the middle of the car stabilizing everything.
So what you are saying is: you can still have fun in a Model 3 without Track Mode? ;-)
You would not gather that from reading the flame wars re. Track Mode and it being Performance model-specific.

So what you are saying is: you can still have fun in a Model 3 without Track Mode? ;-)
You would not gather that from reading the flame wars re. Track Mode and it being Performance model-specific.

Yes, my P3D doesn't have track mode even though Musk said it was coming for all Performance owners. But it's still a blast on snowy curves, just don't expect to get completely crossed up. Other cars I've experienced tend to cut the power too much and won't let you kick the rear end out a bit and hold it there with throttle and counter steering like the Model 3 does.

Yes, my P3D doesn't have track mode even though Musk said it was coming for all Performance owners. But it's still a blast on snowy curves, just don't expect to get completely crossed up. Other cars I've experienced tend to cut the power too much and won't let you kick the rear end out a bit and hold it there with throttle and counter steering like the Model 3 does.
Reminds me of my Subaru WRXs of old (see avatar for parking lot therapy results).