Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track mode exclusive to P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah, I'm not pissed. I decided to get off this wild ride and called my IDA and they let me downgrade to AWD no questions asked.

This puts me back in the line obviously but at least I saved $10,000 + whatever it would have cost for the service center upgrade to add PUP!

Wasted money and time? You’ll easily spend another $5k on wheels/tires/MPP rotors, springs and brake pads. Too bad there aren’t aftermarket sway bars to match the beefier ones in the +. Oh well. You’ll be wasting more time trying to get everything together, finding a garage to do the install for the rotors/pads/springs, and paying them even more $ to do so. And none of that will come with a factory warranty.

Me? I’ll be taking delivery of my + in 8 days. And I’ll just drive away with everything already as it should be.

Finding a garage to do it for more $? I was going to do it myself. They're brakes and rotors, man. It's not rocket surgery.

Congrats on your + delivery in 8 days. I'm sure it will do wonders for your over inflated ego.

I still have an edit button, should i delete eap and add pup? I probably won't track my car but who knows maybe i would. more of an idea racing fan but then i never had a fast car like this before either

I'd keep both. The only negative of the PUP is the range hit and the cost, if both are acceptable (remember free supercharging too) then get the PUP. For my planned usage of the car road trip machine) I'd rather have the extra range buffer.

I also think there might be an aftermarket 18" aero alterntative in the next 3 to 12 months. I already bugged Tsportline about it lol.

• Disagree
Reactions: MXWing and Vaxe
I'd keep both. The only negative of the PUP is the range hit and the cost, if both are acceptable (remember free supercharging too) then get the PUP. For my planned usage of the car road trip machine) I'd rather have the extra range buffer.

I also think there might be an aftermarket 18" aero alterntative in the next 3 to 12 months. I already bugged Tsportline about it lol.
Of course price matters lol. Also this will be my daily driver 82 w/ 82 mile commute. I gave up sport wheels and FSD and came up with the remaining 5.5k to push me into a P model. I already think I'm crazy for spending this much on a commuter :)

Is this confirmed that the + has different sway bars than the - ?

I thought that was not true.

That is not confirmed. I was told by my sales adviser that the only difference was different springs, but information has been so sparse and inconsistent I don't really trust them in that regard. If you look at the $4000 20" kit on the website, they do have different "rear upper fore links" that are installed at the time of wheel installation.

That is not confirmed. I was told by my sales adviser that the only difference was different springs, but information has been so sparse and inconsistent I don't really trust them in that regard. If you look at the $4000 20" kit on the website, they do have different "rear upper fore links" that are installed at the time of wheel installation.
Model 3 20" Sport Wheel and Tire Package

Where did you hear rumors about the aftermarket aero ?

Is track more the only way to disable traction control? From experience , a lot of traction control systems out there overdo it in snow and really make the drive dull on an otherwise fun snow day. It would be great to have all wheel drive in snow and leverage a bit of a skid while maintaining forward traction.