Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Mode Rolling out Today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why you wanted to compare to a model S which is a real boat. The M3 isn't a great track car either. It's also considered bloaty as well.
M

Only 200 pounds lol.... Based on the previous guy it's closer than 500. But the fact that you think 200 is nothing speaks for itself. I assume you don't track cars.

Screenshot_20181108-205026.png

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
yeah but tesla is trying to turn a profit. making it exclusive to the p3d+ would entice more people to buy it the car that nets them more profit
For sure. If I would have known about track mode I would have bought the package and modified accordingly. Hoping I can still get it even with out purchasing Tesla pup. I have already purchased every MPP product you can get for brakes and suspension.

Reactions: juanmedina
why? its literally the awd with a faster 0-60 and nothing else.

the real PERFORMANCE model comes with upgraded wheels, brakes, suspension, and now software. how could anyone think that a car without the real upgraded parts would be able to do the same things in terms of the amount of laps you can get out before things start crapping out

Why? It’s literally awd with software, larger diameter wheels, brakes that only provide improvements under repeatative heavy braking, and shorter springs.

Track Mode would conceivable offer benefits to drivers autoxing or looking for a little fun.

The car I purchased was called the “Performance” model after all. I’m getting annoyed with this elitist bs with the “+”. I purchased the car before it was announced track mode would only be on the one with the upgrade package, and my intentions were to have more flexibility with the car.

I drove around with track mode on and couldn’t spin the tires from a stop or in the corners. There is still supervision from the computer. I don’t see this version allowing us to drift like we all saw in a video a few months ago.

Regen feels less at low speeds and about the same at speeds between 40-70. Couldn’t really get into it as it was dark and lots of traffic. Further testing needed at a real track.

it is true that the screen shot of the version update calls our PUP but Elon says its not needed. I would love if someone without PUP is able to verify the update working.... maybe it is only being pushed to them first?

it is true that the screen shot of the version update calls our PUP but Elon says its not needed. I would love if someone without PUP is able to verify the update working.... maybe it is only being pushed to them first?

Wouldn't be surprised if the update is being pushed to P3D+ first. But folks should relax, Elon delivers, just as he delivered a Track Mode he promised would make P3D faster than BMW M3 on the track. If he says P3D- will get it, they'll get it. He's said that twice now.

I drove around with track mode on and couldn’t spin the tires from a stop or in the corners. There is still supervision from the computer. I don’t see this version allowing us to drift like we all saw in a video a few months ago.

I noticed the same thing, though i wonder if it behaves differently at various speeds (i.e maybe it limits power more at low speeds). Definitely need to get it out on a track to see what it can do, i'm going to look for an empty parking lot in the meantime...

• Funny
Reactions: TexasTeslaRacing