Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track mode to simulate RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure. Depends on which of the two motors is the most efficient - one is induction the other permanent magnet - and whether front wheel drive is more efficient than real wheel drive.

I think some of these issues are taken into account by the current driving management software.

You still can’t get away from the effects of lugging the extra mass around.

Oh well, there goes that idea!
. Next idea.. 3d print some aero wheel covers for the 20 inch performance wheels for long road trips! Would that extend range?!!
There's only one way to find out ;)
I'd say if you are that determined to get better range, a nice set of aftermarket 18" wheels with very low rolling resistance tyres would be better.

If you enable track mode with stability set to full and power to rear wheels only, would that simulate a RWD long range?
Do you think you would see a reduction in consumption with no other noticeable impacts?

Probably wouldn't work on a Model 3, but I know with the Model S or X Performance, you could type in the access code "performance" and it would allow you to mimic the performance of the lesser models.