Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track mode v2 data extraction & video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondered if anyone had been successful playing with the mass of data now available.

So far I have tried race render and dash ware.

I can’t get race render to recognise the video files, whilst with dash ware I can’t get it to recognise the csv file.

I’m sure it is user error ;) no need for any of this but feeling lockdown frustration!

Just wondered if anyone had been successful playing with the mass of data now available.

So far I have tried race render and dash ware.

I can’t get race render to recognise the video files, whilst with dash ware I can’t get it to recognise the csv file.

I’m sure it is user error ;) no need for any of this but feeling lockdown frustration!
Did you get any further with this? I'm about to look at doing this following a track session yesterday.
I'm also a bit puzzled why the lap times aren't recorded in the .CSV. Seems you have to do a conversion on the end ms time to get them, which is a bit of a pain.

@Electric Dream No I have not. Surprised that it is not more popular....
I've got a reasonable workflow for Racerender now but all the manual steps involved in converting the video and modifying the .CSV are a bit of a pain.
I run a separate data logger anyway so I use that for lap analysis, but it seems like a backward step when all the same data is being recorded by the car!

I would also be interested to share the experience and discuss how to interpret the data. When I checked my telemetry data I got confused with a few things: when launching the car from stand still:
1. I consistently see around 0.6 sec (600 ms) delay between the first change in the Throttle position till the car's speed changes from zero.
2. there is exactly 1.0 sec delay between the first change in the Throttle position till the Throttle position reaches 100%
3. which measurement should I take to see the car acceleration from 0 to 60: from the moment the car's speed changes from zero to 1 OR from the moment the Throttle position changes from zero?

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Attachments

• Data extract.pdf
    26.1 KB · Views: 62
The trigger you use to determine when you start timing is an interesting point. With a professional data logger it's possible to configure either the change in GPS speed (from 0) or the change in longitudinal acceleration. They normally both give very similar results.
IMO I think you need to start the time from when the car starts to move so any delay between the throttle being pressed and the car starting to move is best ignored.

It's not something I've looked at myself but your data has got me thinking that I should really look at whether the actual pedal position, the reported throttle % and the timestamp in the data are all in sync. I'm suspecting not, based on what you've seen.