Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Santa Fe TX.
Not that I need a Model Y, but if I did purchase one, i would want to have the performance model. With that said, has there been any discussion about track mode? I would not be doing much racing but I think it would be nice to show up at a local SCCA event and take home a prize or two. To me the benefit is mainly the way the front and rear torque is being adjusted to bring the car through the apex exit.

Not that I need a Model Y, but if I did purchase one, i would want to have the performance model. With that said, has there been any discussion about track mode? I would not be doing much racing but I think it would be nice to show up at a local SCCA event and take home a prize or two. To me the benefit is mainly the way the front and rear torque is being adjusted to bring the car through the apex exit.

Track mode is included in the Model Y Performance per the configuration page. I would also imagine by the time Y goes into production that track mode will have some improvements compared to the current mode.