Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track noob, need advice on my local track layout for car setting on camber

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Here's the layout of our local track (clockwise) , with 14 right handers and 9 left handers, I was wondering if it'd be ideal to have different camber settings for left and right wheel. Say...more camber on the left wheel than the right wheel? Turn 1 our M3P is able to reach 110-120mph (190 km/hr range) fwiw. I know for Nascars they set very different camber due to it running mostly left handers at high speed.

What do you guys think?

Liphao Track layout.jpg

Thanks! yea asking because I don't know if more right turns than left turns should make different set up for the car.
No. Once you have a track with one left and one right, you want a balanced car. Only cars that ONLY go one way set up differently. You give up so much on the less capable direction that it never makes up for what you gain.

Also, it sounds like you're pretty new to track driving if you're asking this. It takes a really, really good driver to utilize a car that handles better one direction than the other, and can be actively dangerous in the wrong hands.

Just set the car up conservatively, and work on your driving skills for a long time and don't worry about the car setup too deeply until you are setting consistent, clean laps and you can actually detect changes in your setup.

Reactions: butterscotch