Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track pack is here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it won't be available as software purchase, there will be riots. But it's very low chance - it's not hardware specific update. And as I understood from the video - software update is probably for free to push more sales of P vs LR.

So we should get as software update:
1. Power limiters on rear and front 0-100% (let's be honest - it's not bias since power is not increased, but only decreased).
2. Battery, tires air (not surface - it's just regular tpms data), motors, rear diff and brakes (just estimation, so if you change pads to aftermarket - it's off) temperatures.
3. Lap timer (1hz,a as far as i know and no sectors).
4. Lap video recording (no logs so far).
5. Acceleration meter.
6. Ability to increase and decrease stability control vs track mode.
7. On the fly settings change.
8. Profiles with quick change.
9. Regen limiter.

I think it's a cool update. Considering that your warranty can void with track usage, it's a bold move and very much appreciated.

Hardware, I would skip - 245 tires of cup 2, still ridiculous 20 inch, higher temp pads and fluids. But for new buyers - it's reasonable option to choose. Hardware, I assume, would cost new 5k, as an option +2k.

Last edited:
Reactions: CA4Fun
Is it better and upgraded cooling system for the batteries? Larger brakes higher faster speeds When I hear track pack cars I think of the Mustang track cars. Will this be a competitive track car? If so that is awesome
So, no, those are same brake calipers and rotors, but higher temp pads and fluids.
And I'm sure that track mode already uses everything there is to increase cooling, this is just to switch off some of it (but I could be wrong).
Nothing about higher speed and I'm sure there won't be. Stickier tires in hardware only, but makes sense to remember that wet performance of Cup 2 is crap.
And M3P suspension is scary soft and unstable on any full size track, IMHO.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Is it better and upgraded cooling system for the batteries? Larger brakes higher faster speeds When I hear track pack cars I think of the Mustang track cars. Will this be a competitive track car? If so that is awesome

No, it is just tires + wheels, pads, and fluid. The cooling is already sufficient as-is. The Model 3 Performance is already a competitive track car with light modifications.

Reactions: Mash
Why does it not have the red underline especially since it is a Tesla sponsored prelaunch event?

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 6.36.31 PM.png

• Funny
Reactions: JasonR67
Just checked video again, it's 245 35 20 95Y. A bit stiffer side wall and +10mm width... Range compromise in track pack. They would save range on 18/19 inch wheels with wider tires, because Cup 2 of that size will overheat faster than brakes.

Software is free OTA to all versions of the P- says so in the video

I'm calling this the "We lied about how the previous Performance Upgrade Package was actually an upgrade, here's a real one for another $5500 and good luck finding a sucker to take those no-wider-than-18s-but-way-heavier original 20" boat anchors off your hands" package.

Hrm...bit long though...needs an acronym...

Stickier tires in hardware only, but makes sense to remember that wet performance of Cup 2 is crap.
And M3P suspension is scary soft and unstable on any full size track, IMHO.
Have you driven a P3D with Cup2s in the wet? I have and they are remarkably good. They are much better than the original Cups. Not ideal, but they are useable and you don't have to worry about a shower of rain during your track day.

Have you driven a P3D with Cup2s in the wet? I have and they are remarkably good. They are much better than the original Cups. Not ideal, but they are useable and you don't have to worry about a shower of rain during your track day.
I did not driven on Tesla with Cups. I used them on Evo X. And while it was way better than Toyo R888, it was still scary for long drive heavy rain. How is it compare to MSP4S on the street? And which size you use?

So free software update to P...

Let's be honest.... Most of us are really just getting the ability to do burn outs. They killed many tires making that video.

I do like the wheels but I'd prob ruin them in a month the way I drive.