Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track pack is here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im dying over here waiting for my update...I have it on advanced..connected to wifi, plugged in. please elon send me that update!

I actually think the update rollout has been halted since I havent seen any new p3d 2020.8.1 installs on teslafi for a while now.
as soon as I get the update im going to a parking lot and making a drift video..ive been waiting for this day since before I had my model 3 (sold a e36 and 240sx to get it!)
Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 7.09.48 PM.png

OK I answered too quickly there. Yes, it's in the software so not 'track pack' hardware as such.
Although there doesn't seem to be a setting for traction control specifically, I think it's going to be part of the 'stability assist' setting as I can't see how those Youtubers were drifting otherwise.

Yes, Cup 2 has a wear rating of 180 vs PS4S at 300 (lower means it wears faster). You aren't traction limited currently (for street driving), so adding grippier tires will not really get you anything besides worse economy and better braking distances i suppose.

Good info, thanks. I am still interested though... Frankly, it's the wheels that I like. The design is the best of a Tesla rim so far IMO. Plus, the larger size and the staggered set up will add to the sporty look of my P3D+. Thinking I do the upgrade wear out the first set and then go back to PS4s or similar (assuming they make 'em in those wheel sizes) if the Cups noise and durability bug me.