Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also curious as to if the car will be able to detect the specific tire being used. I've heard people mention Bluetooth something or other in the rubber of the tire, but that just makes no sense to me (aside from the tpms, which is not part of the tire).

Also curious as to if the car will be able to detect the specific tire being used. I've heard people mention Bluetooth something or other in the rubber of the tire, but that just makes no sense to me (aside from the tpms, which is not part of the tire).
Here is a Michelin page on their tires with embedded sensors

Here is a Michelin page on their tires with embedded sensors

many thanks. so that does make sense to me. the little pucks look like they have a small battery in them, and they're not necessarily integrated into the tire itself. will be interesting to see Goodyear supercar 3r's have this.

The lawyer in me reads the below as suggesting only the brake upgrade is needed to unlock the top speed. Otherwise, you'd think it would specifically say the Zero Drag wheels/tires. That said, I'm struggling to justify doing this. Zero plans to track car, and nowhere in sight other than a track where I could even sniff 200mph. $15K is a lot to pay to just know I can...Plus, what's the consensus on CCBs on a street driven car? I'd imagine they should be fine in a car where they will hardly do any work?

The lawyer in me reads the below as suggesting only the brake upgrade is needed to unlock the top speed. Otherwise, you'd think it would specifically say the Zero Drag wheels/tires. That said, I'm struggling to justify doing this. Zero plans to track car, and nowhere in sight other than a track where I could even sniff 200mph. $15K is a lot to pay to just know I can...Plus, what's the consensus on CCBs on a street driven car? I'd imagine they should be fine in a car where they will hardly do any work?

Can't attest to the Tesla CCB, but I have the unplugged CCBs on the front now, and at triple digits speeds, the car stops comically faster than it did with the OEM setup. City speeds I haven't measured with dragy, but it seems pretty similar other than the more aggressive bite.

Is the 200mph unlocked at the software level? Meaning Tesla won't unlock your car unless they know that you have the track package installed at some point in the life of the car whether it was a newly ordered car or an existing car that was upgraded?

Also, what minimum year can even have this upgrade? I have a P85D now and this seems to be the car to upgrade to if I stay in the EV world.

Forgive the redundant question if already answered elsewhere. I wasn't able to find a clear answer via search. Thanks in advance!

Is the 200mph unlocked at the software level? Meaning Tesla won't unlock your car unless they know that you have the track package installed at some point in the life of the car whether it was a newly ordered car or an existing car that was upgraded?

Reports are that the car detects that you have the proper equipment and enables the 200 MPH automatically. So just getting it installed should unlock it on existing cars.

Also, what minimum year can even have this upgrade? I have a P85D now and this seems to be the car to upgrade to if I stay in the EV world.
It is only for the Model S Plaid. (I'm pretty sure you need the carbon fiber wrapped rotors to support 200 MPH capability.)

probably not specific tires, but the car is pretty advance in calculating the tire grip categories/metric using accelerometers input with elevation, just my guess.

Can't attest to the Tesla CCB, but I have the unplugged CCBs on the front now, and at triple digits speeds, the car stops comically faster than it did with the OEM setup. City speeds I haven't measured with dragy, but it seems pretty similar other than the more aggressive bite.
Aren't Tesla CCB made by ST, those guys made Porsches ccbs too, pretty top notch stuff.

Yes, the rotor hats are stamped with ST. After seeing that, it made sense why the kits are $15k.
honestly, its a steal at that price for a continuous fiber in proprietary designed matrix layers. Many of the CCB on the market with chopped fiber, much more cost effective and easier to manufacture, asking for that price or even more.

Reactions: bkcyk and Sam1
Not to mention allowing those folks who don't have $15k sitting around to roll it into the price of their financing. Baffling decision since other than the scenario where Tesla is providing the financing, they are getting the money whether the person shows up with financing or buys it through them separately.