Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track tire size, rims availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I am about to break the piggy bank and am actively looking for tires/rims so I can go back to the track. Since the Martian wheels seem to be MIA, I need something else that I can get by. The problem is that it seems like we have very limited option with this car without going into work like stud changes or spacers, something I don't want to do. Can you guys give me your recommendation? I have found the following

If I can't get aftermarket wheels, I am thinking about running a set of stock 20s with 245/35/20 RE-71R. Ideally I want to run 265, but no tires are available!

I have heard some 18s don't fit the performance and there are limited offset/widths available. Once again, I am seriously thinking about the T Sportsline (assuming they have some in stock) even though they are smaller than what I would like), but they do just bolt right on. I would be stretching a tire to run 265/40/18, 255/40/18, 245/45/18. What do you guys think? I am down to RS-4 or RE-71R.

Can the Model 3 handle a tire that is slightly bigger or smaller than stock?

Stock aero wheels don't fit the performance right?

Sounds like a decent flow-forged wheel would be a good option for you. Definitely stay with a square setup for the track. 9.5" width is the sweet spot with 265/35/19 RE-71R to keep the same diameter as stock.

Low cost: Konig Dekagram/Hypergrams can be found for under $1000 for a set and weigh <20lbs.

Mid cost: VMR V710FF wheels in 19x9.5" for around $1400, since they look a lot better than the Konig's and still save good weight.

High cost: Signature fully forged in any size you request for $3-4k. I have their SV501's in fully custom build-to-order specs right down to the millimeter of offset and finish. They were delivered to my doorstep in less than 4 weeks from ordering and are top notch quality.

So about to buy 18x9.5 Enkei Raijin +35 with 265/40/18 RS4 Hankook. I have a standard range, and see that there's possible rubbing on the PUP rear caliper, I saw someone track this wheel on YouTube can anyone confirm this will work? Hoping to make it to a track day on the 26th. Thanks.