TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tracking FSD Feature Complete

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Wiki, May 26, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

May be it saw a Waymo ;)

2. tmoz

tmoz S85D, Prius PiP

Ha. I need to get a bumper sticker that says "I brake for Waymos"

But that isn't actually true - the part about needing a bumper sticker that is.

3. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. diplomat33

diplomat33 Active Member

Incoming traffic is a great addition! That is a little piece of the FSD puzzle since incoming traffic will be key in city driving. Exciting!

5. EVNow

EVNow Well-Known Member

Purely visualization terms, its an important piece. I'm sure they always had the oncoming traffic recognized - but not visually shown.

The visualization assures us that they know about this oncoming traffic - and might also tell us a little why there is phantom braking. I suspect it is because the car thinks some oncoming traffic is getting into car's lane.

• Like x 2
  6. diplomat33

diplomat33 Active Member

That would be a reasonable assumption. If correct, I am sure Tesla is tweaking the software so that the car can better distinguish between incoming traffic that is a risk and incoming traffic that is not a risk. Once done, that should reduce phantom braking.

Overall, these little teases make me more optimistic for V10. I feel like V10 will be a nice step forward towards FSD. Tesla is clearly putting FSD together piece by piece. If we get the FSD visualizations and the car is able to react to traffic lights and stop signs, we will certainly be one step closer to "automatic city driving".

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.