Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Home Electricity Use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this work with PG&E, and are you on TOU? Since my account was changed over to TOU, it now says I have an ineligible rate. Trying to get an idea if anyone else has it working, before I spend a lot of time on the phone with PG&E
Yes, EV2-A. I’ve been on the phone with the PG&E “stream my data” folks more than I’d prefer, but they’ve been very helpful.

Be sure to call (877) 743-4357 so you’re talking to the right department. If that’s who told you that you couldn’t have SMD, it might be a case of “dial until you smile”.

Also, if you get a device and need to read its ID to the SMD folks… make sure to check it by having them read it back. Failing to do that cost me about 48 hours of frustration.

Last edited:
Reactions: brian.c
Interesting. The Emporia VUE doesn't appear on the approved device list.

Yes, and I noticed that before my purchase. But several Amazon reviewers said it worked with PG&E, so I called PG&E SMD and they said it would work. They were correct.

Edit: maybe listing the device with PG&E requires a… uh… “co-marketing contribution”?

Last edited:
Reactions: brian.c