Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Mod 3 via App when it's being transported (flatbed, transport trailer (open/closed), etc.). Confirmed with Tesla Support on Feb 7/22.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are having your vehicle transported (for whatever reason), and in my specific case, it being transported from Ontario, Canada to the Florida, U.S., then the vehicle tracking in the App (Location) will only show the location where the vehicle was actually loaded. Once the vehicle is on the flatbed or transport trailer (open or closed) - the vehicle is still (tires are stationary) - then the App cannot and does not show you where the vehicle is. This information was confirmed with Telsa's Support (Online Chat) on Monday, February 7, 2022.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
The car never updates it's location if it isn't driven.

Same thing happens if your car gets towed...

I do believe there is also a transport mode that Tesla puts vehicles in for rail transport.

I never understood the rationale. Location tracking is a security feature. I want to know where my car is at any given time whether its wheels are turning or not.