Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your car is in production I think there's a very good chance you'll be getting it sometime this month regardless of what the website says.

Hi breser,
Apparently my DS thinks so also - in fact he suggested I go ahead and schedule an appointment with Midnight Window Tinting in Bellevue to have the 1/2 wrap Xpel Ultimate PPF and Huper Optic window tint installed next Tuesday, March 24th. If that actually happens, I may still get to drive this baby on our long planned road trip starting on March 25th. I even got the CHAdeMO adapter ordered, and it should arrive this week. Life is good again :biggrin:

Hi breser,
Apparently my DS thinks so also - in fact he suggested I go ahead and schedule an appointment with Midnight Window Tinting in Bellevue to have the 1/2 wrap Xpel Ultimate PPF and Huper Optic window tint installed next Tuesday, March 24th. If that actually happens, I may still get to drive this baby on our long planned road trip starting on March 25th. I even got the CHAdeMO adapter ordered, and it should arrive this week. Life is good again :biggrin:

im 804XX, was actually setup for sometime in may but DS randomly called and now set for late march, car went into production just this weekend and they said the earliest it will come is the 23rd!

here's to hoping next week!

VIN number changed from 74xxx to 80xxx last Thursday had me really disappointed. Thanks breser for your calming reply. Last night between 9 pm and 2 am this am My Tesla reports car is being built!. NO I WASN"T up at 2 am worrying about the car. Had work issues that needed attention.
As far a website issues reported today by others - could it be we're all neurotically overloading Elon's bandwidth? :)

I spoke with my DES today and he advised that my Model S is still at the factory and there seems to be a shortage of car trailers to transport the cars to Vancouver. He still thinks I should have my Model S by Monday next week.

I stopped by the Vancouver service center yesterday. There were about 40 cars on the lot ready to get prepped for delivery. I think this is the most cars I've ever seen at this location. No surprise that they can't get more cars up here, there's no room left on the lot!

IMG_20150316_110446.jpg

I stopped by the Vancouver service center yesterday. There were about 40 cars on the lot ready to get prepped for delivery. I think this is the most cars I've ever seen at this location. No surprise that they can't get more cars up here, there's no room left on the lot!

View attachment 75136

Thanks for the inside scoop "DGates". That explains a lot. My DES emailed me today and said that he heard from the factory and they will be shipping out my Model S from Fremont today.

I looveee this carrr!!!

- - - Updated - - -

On another note I had two minor issue with vehicle I still have to deal with but my DS said service could sort it at any time. scratch/nick/or minor rip in the steering while. The Turn signal plate with the T in front of the door is coming off so bot these will have to be replaced. I will let them deal with the last 15 days of the quarter then sort it out. Love this machine these are baby issues they will take care of for me

- - - Updated - - -

95XtvtFeZ4h5IX5_y0Dekr49WXUKE5mi-kX00t7gBZE.jpg
20150315_154539 copy.jpg
20150315_154539 copy.jpg

So I couldn't figure if this should be posted here on in off-topic... especially since there was some back and forth in a number of threads... but in the end I figured that this was the best place... Moderators - if you'd rather have this elsewhere, feel free to move.

To recap, breser had a gentleman's agreement with Tesla not to talk about some aspects of his car in public. And being a gentleman, he kept to that agreement. But he also stated that there was nothing he could do if someone ran into him at some point and took a picture.
So Tesla's luck has run out... guess what I saw at the Centralia supercharger a few hours ago... a beautiful, slightly dirty and definitely very unique Model S 85D (and yes, in the background is my car).

View attachment 74973

I realize the picture quality is lame, but hey, it was taken with my phone in the dark. That said, you can even see his license plate (which I consider absolutely awesome, if I may say so).

And before I get reported as an insensitive stalker to the moderators... of course I talked to breser and am posting this with his permission.
Love the green

Finally, got the long awaited call from the DS; S85D VIN 70475 Confirmed 10/20/2014 landed in Cleveland SC last night, pick up tomorrow 3-19. Production was finished 2-25, so tomorrow 3-19 will make it 22 days in transit. Seems like it was off to Europe. Apparently the new time lags come with the mystery trains that load in Northern California and arrive in Chicago, whenever. New 4 letter word is "Chicago Railyard." You don't want to hear that term with your car delivery. Hopefully no dings and damage from its sojourn with the cows in the Railyards. I'll try to get info on the actual timing of transfers when delivery is done---just to let the folks getting new S85Ds in the East and Midwest know what to expect. Tesla teaching patience is a virtue. i guess I'll remember this delivery as the day Elon solves cold fusion with his announcement tomorrow daytime. I really appreciate all the posters who made the months pass with the wait more entertaining.