Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More sweet words on the My Tesla portal this morning... 77837: Production Complete - Your Model S is in transit from the factory. Wonder if mine car got bumped to be a "quarter-end car" since I have cash in hand? Portal still shows Late April delivery and I don't have the purchase agreement paperwork yet? My DES in Tampa hasn't handed me off yet to the Marietta GA service center yet for delivery.

S85D
Ordered 8-Jan-2015
Confirmed 9-Jan-2015
VIN # assigned 77837 on 16-Feb-2015
Production started 24-Mar-2015
Production Complete - In Transit from Factory 26-March-2015

S85D - Silver - Pano - 19" - Leather Grey - Obeche Wood Matte - Tech - Ultra Sound Pkg - Air Suspension - delivery to Marietta, GA

Mine, too! Was in Production for 3 days. VIN 776xx, Denver delivery. Haven't received any final invoice or call from SC yet. When does that happen?

Congrats! I don't have my paperwork and haven't been called either. I sent an email to my DES. They haven't sent me the HWPC yet that I ordered with the car so I could get it installed in advance. I already have a 40A J1772 for my Volt so should be fine. I will know more when I hear from my DES. Since it still says Late April delivery I hope I am not just getting my hopes up that it will be delivered next week!

My Model S has arrived :biggrin:.

Tesla_delivered.jpg
Tesla_delivered_2.jpg

About the pictures; my camera was some how set to aqua and as such gave it this blue hue/tint that I didn't recognize until later.
The car is impressive. I had to remember how to drive it again (the last time I drove a Tesla was at the Toronto SC last year October 2014). I also forgot how quiet the Model S is.

With regards to the delivery; the guy that delivered my Model S was really great. He had me come into the transport and take a good look at the bottom of the Model S, I got to see the battery and the Titanium shield. There were some finishing issues with the front fenders that Tesla will fix. Also the inside wheel well was also not flush and they will fix that too. They suspect it might have to do with how they packed My winter tire set into the back seat. I was surprised that there was a bird dropping on the A pillar, considering that when they drove it to the transporter it was raining.They some how forgot my Tesla floor mats that I ordered. They haven't given me a timeline to expect them yet. I'll call tomorrow for that. Setting up HomeLink on the Model S is sooooo easy :smile:. I can't believe how easy it was. I still have to activate the android My Tesla app. Tesla said there is some Mobile access switch on the Model S that I have to turn on (Does anyone know where this is?). Also I am waiting on the Tire inflation kit, they seem to be on back order. I don't plan on driving the car that much for the next couple of days, because I have an appointment next week to have a clear bra Xpel Ultimate PPF applied to the car, after that application I can really start driving.

This forum has been invaluable to me. I think someone mentioned it on here that they went to register their Model S and the registry put "gas" instead of "electric". The same thing happened to me and I pointed it out to them and they promptly shredded that license and issued me the correct license with "electric"

I went out to exercise with a group today and everybody wanted to see my Model S, I was getting questions on the price of the car and that it is expensive. Do you guys have any way to answer such statements and questions. Your views and opinions would be appreciated.

I can't think of anything else right now, but I will take some "color" pictures after the Xpel Ultimate treatment :smile:.

One more thing; the wait was worth it :smile:.

Hope for us europeans also: This morning dashboard changed to "Tesla is building your model S".
The latest end-of-line date I got was march 30., so they are a week early (take or give).

(S85D white|grey leather|pano|air|sound|19, confirmed 2014 nov. 5., VIN 737xx, expected delivery april, then late april, may, april again, may and finally late may)

Well, let's be careful generalising about Europeans. As a Brit and a Europhile this all looked promising, but a few of us in the UK have seen our dashboards move from August to end-August.

Pesky RHD. It is all very well imposing our language around the world over recent centuries, but surely driving on the left should have been a priority! :wink:

I finally ordered a 85D today. Now I must learn all about 'patience'. My very tolerant spouse tells me I do not even conceive of the definition for that word insofar as it could apply to me. My major challenge at the moment is getting power in my parking space at my Miami condominium before delivery happens.

Well, let's be careful generalising about Europeans. As a Brit and a Europhile this all looked promising, but a few of us in the UK have seen our dashboards move from August to end-August.

Pesky RHD. It is all very well imposing our language around the world over recent centuries, but surely driving on the left should have been a priority! :wink:

Too bad you got to wait so long for the RHD car batches to be produced. The additional half-month delay comes from pushing all cars not produced yet a little later, I think. At least it hasn't gone jumping around - yet ;)

This was definitely worth the wait...but now I have to wait a few more days for the XPEL and Crystalline. Picked her up Thursday at Palm Springs, put ~20 miles on her as my wife and I celebrated her (my wife's) birthday lunch at Cheesecake Factory, and went for a few store visits. Most of what I thought I knew about operating the car went out the window; I was quite nervous and somewhat overwhelmed. What a joy to drive. Did a quick spirt on the onramp to Master Shield. "Hello...where did my wife go? She was right behind me."

IMG_0824.JPG

Last edited: