Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ames how and when are you getting your 85D To Abu Dhabi?

The car will be collected from the Tilburg delivery centre on a flatbed, taken to Rotterdam and shipped to Jebel Ali in Dubai. It will take about 25 more days. Patience is a virtue. I can receive the car in The Netherlands but cannot drive it unless I pay 21% tax and refund it later...new rules for '15.

For those anxiously waiting, I just received an update on my car.
Up till now:

S85D
Ordered 4-23
Confirmed 4-24
VIN assigned 4-28
Last 5. xxx8683x
Production Date: 5-15
Back to Que: 5-22
In Transit: 5-24
Promised delivery to Atlanta GA: 6-6-15

Delivery Date now rescheduled to 6-15-15

Finished production since 5-22 two days until transit and is just now in New Mexico. So 10 days so far in transit and in New Mexico. My delivery date was originally scheduled for 6-6 and is now rescheduled for 6-15. That will be 7 1/2 weeks from order to deliver if things stay on schedule as of right now.

Several things to note. I was going to be out of town and unable to finalize some of the last minute details before my delivery so I traded in my car two weeks ago, and finalized payment last Thursday 5-28-15. Hopefully that didn't have anything to do with it seeming to grind to a halt and take so long from production complete to actually moving towards Atlanta.

While I was visiting the SC today I saw an almost identical order to mine that was only 350 units less on the VIN. arrggghhhh

A quick update on my S85D. I noticed it moved back into the production queue this morning, only to have the status updated to "In Transit" this evening. Unfortunately I am still slated for a Late June delivery but I have to say the production of the car has been like a whirlwind. From order to in-transit in 16 days. I assume being that I am in South Florida they needed to get the car produced quickly for the slow train ride down here to meet a late June delivery.

The car will be collected from the Tilburg delivery centre on a flatbed, taken to Rotterdam and shipped to Jebel Ali in Dubai. It will take about 25 more days. Patience is a virtue. I can receive the car in The Netherlands but cannot drive it unless I pay 21% tax and refund it later...new rules for '15.

Will it be able to handle the summer temps, or you'll keep it locked inside for the hottest month ?

Awesome you guys are going so fast! I ordered 5/1, confirmed 5/5 it seems, and am still just in the queue waiting to start production... You guys are lucky!

Hang strong @travwill... as I understand it, production is based model type and final destination. Chi-town is a hop, skip, and a jump from Fremont. While getting it produced may be a bit delayed, your transit time should be less than half of what it will take for mine to get down here.

Ordered 5/18, confirmed 5/23, went from assembly to production queue to in transit today. Hope to have it by late June. should be on target.

Congrats! Being in Indy, you should be able to share your delivery experience sooner than I.

My 85D is on day 8 in the factory now. Some 70D's started their build after mine and were finished in 2-3 days (according to the google sheet). I specifically ordered the 85D over the 70D for the quicker acceleration - looks like I was mistaken, I'm being lapped in the factory already.

Hello!

Still waiting for my delivery. "My Tesla" is still showing Late May delivery, car In Transit! lol!

Also, was thinking about what I should get since many changes were made in the Design Studio since I purchased the car...This is what I bought that might be problematic:

Confirmation March 18th.
85D Metallic Grey: is Midnight Silver Metallic the same?
Textile interior: not in Design Studio anymore
NextGen Black seats, Front AND Back: Only front now available
Tech package with autopilot: package not there anymore.

Also, from the pictures of my car in "My Tesla" View Design, I don't see the Chrome accents on left/right air intake and rear bumper... should I be worried??
Chrome accents were there at confirmation, but are missing from picture since VIN assigned...

Thanks!!
Christian

Hello!

Still waiting for my delivery. "My Tesla" is still showing Late May delivery, car In Transit! lol!

Also, was thinking about what I should get since many changes were made in the Design Studio since I purchased the car...This is what I bought that might be problematic:

Confirmation March 18th.
85D Metallic Grey: is Midnight Silver Metallic the same?
NextGen Black seats, Front AND Back: Only front now available

Also, from the pictures of my car in "My Tesla" View Design, I don't see the Chrome accents on left/right air intake and rear bumper... should I be worried??
Chrome accents were there at confirmation, but are missing from picture since VIN assigned...

Thanks!!
Christian
You should get exactly what you ordered. When Tesla changes the Design Studio, they lock in the feature sets of existing orders. Unless they called to notify you that something was discontinued, or you requested changes that necessitate switching to the newer Design Studio, it will be built as originally designed.

You should get exactly what you ordered. When Tesla changes the Design Studio, they lock in the feature sets of existing orders. Unless they called to notify you that something was discontinued, or you requested changes that necessitate switching to the newer Design Studio, it will be built as originally designed.

This, but I would add that for next-gen seats, your car could be delivered with 1.5 seats and a due bill item to install the next-gens after delivery (if they are back ordered).

Confirmation March 18th.

Textile interior disappeared as an option relatively recently, so I expect that you will get exactly what you ordered

You will get exactly what you ordered for the tech package. All the technology remains available but was packaged differently in when the Design Studio configurations changed in early April. Parts became standard (e.g. onboard navigation), parts became the autopilot package and parts moved to the Premium Interior and Lighting package (power liftgate, fog lights, cornering lights). I received exactly what was in the tech package when I confirmed independent of the design studio changes.

Last edited:
My 85D is on day 8 in the factory now. Some 70D's started their build after mine and were finished in 2-3 days (according to the google sheet). I specifically ordered the 85D over the 70D for the quicker acceleration - looks like I was mistaken, I'm being lapped in the factory already.

My 85D just finished production. Took 7 days. Maybe they just take a little longer when making a car that does 0-60 in 3.86 seconds :cool: