Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're never going to be able to figure anything out with any confidence. First of all you don't even have close to enough info to make a representative sample. Further it's not a simple pattern. There are situations that are entirely unique that don't follow a pattern (e.g. someone says they're going on vacation so they move a build up).

If I were a betting man I'd bet on a small number of cars showing as in production late next week with the masses starting the following week. But that's pretty much assuming that everything is going according to plan for them to be able to deliver cars immediately starting on February 1st.

You'll need to get new TPMS for that snow tire/wheel set. Tesla changed the sensors they're using. I'm not sure if Tirerack has the proper ones for the new vehicles yet, but Tesla will sell them to you for a very reasonable $50/wheel price.

Note that according to my SC, I will need a service call to have the new TPMS "woken up" after they have been installed on my car the SC won't install the wheels for me (and have never heard of any waiver to allow them to do it) so I have a local company doing it when I receive the car.

Ordered on 31st of October 2014 and confirmed
Confirmed again on the 13th of November 2014.

Pearl White
Rear Facing Seats
Winter Package
Tech Package
Air Suspension
Pano Roof
Cyclone wheels 19"
Ultra High Fidelity
Security Package
Black headliner
Carbon Fiber
Premium Package

Basicly all the options that I could enabled have been enabled :)
But currently NO VIN it is now scheduled for Late April and I still have a RN76 number.

I also spoke with my DS. I didn't get a production week, just that the "End of Line" date is set for 2/2/2014

You actually got the same information I got. The End of Line date is the the week that the car will go into production. Buyers tend to think that means the car has reached the end of the production line. What Tesla means by it is the car has reached the end of the queue waiting to start production.

S85D
Ordered: 10/24/2014
Confirmed: 11/4/2014
Re-Confirmed: 11/13/2014
Estimated Delivery: March 2015
Scheduled Delivery Date: DS says mid March 2015, Dashboard now says late March 2015
Actual Delivery Date: ?
Delivery Location: Edmonton, Canada
Color: White
Wheels: 19" Standard Wheels and a Set of 19" Winter Tires
Interior: Tan Leather Seats, Carbon Fiber Decor, Standard Headliner
Options: Dual Chargers, Dual Motor All Wheel Drive, Panoramic Roof, Smart Air Suspension, Subzero Weather Package, Supercharger Enabled, Tech Package with Autopilot, Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Trading up from: 2008 Infiniti G35XS

Originally Ordered S85 on August 2, 2014. Was in the midst of arranging delivery first week of December when the D announcement was made.

Immediately converted order to S85D. Paid the down payment on the new order while the old was still in force so I wouldn't have to wait for them to move the money around.

S85D
Blue Metallic
Panoramic Roof
Tan Leather
Tech w/ Autopilot

Pick-Up in Fremont
"February 2015" turned to "Late February" as of 1/7
VIN 696xx

My DS volunteered today that "manufacturing shifts" had moved back the delivery to mid-February. I don't know how much because I didn't have a specific delivery other than just February. My status also changed to Late February yesterday sometime. We'll see how that holds up but I am mentally preparing for March so I'm not disappointed.

Based on what I'm seeing it looks like Tesla has shifted production starts on 85D by about another week or two. I haven't talked to my DS but I'd bet my production start date is now either the 26th of January or February 2nd now.

I wonder if they didn't delay building some P85D's for international orders during the seat problems and have no put them back into the production schedule and that caused some shifting. I know that some European P85D orders have shown starts here recently.