Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered the night of the D announcement in early October.

Got my VIN two weeks ago.

MyTesla still says delivery in "March."

OA contacted me last week, says I have til Tuesday to make any changes I want to the order, because they're going into production.

Note that I'm in NY, so delivery time must be factored in there.

Spoke to my DS yesterday. He's still trying to find out what's up with my car, I'm still in production (have been for a week). He did mention that I'm showing in paint. But he can't explain why I'm showing Late February on a car that's in production. We're waiting on the factory to get back to him. He said he was going to try and have an answer by the end of the day yesterday but didn't because the person who could answer the question apparently went home early. Anyway that's the news after the first week of being in production.

Spoke to my DS yesterday. He's still trying to find out what's up with my car, I'm still in production (have been for a week). He did mention that I'm showing in paint. But he can't explain why I'm showing Late February on a car that's in production. We're waiting on the factory to get back to him. He said he was going to try and have an answer by the end of the day yesterday but didn't because the person who could answer the question apparently went home early. Anyway that's the news after the first week of being in production.

There seems to be something going on. My P85D went into production on Jan 15 and is stuck somewhere as well. No car in the P85D tracking sheet that has started production on or after 1/15 has been completed. Maybe they are waiting for some AWD specific part to arrive...

There seems to be something going on. My P85D went into production on Jan 15 and is stuck somewhere as well. No car in the P85D tracking sheet that has started production on or after 1/15 has been completed. Maybe they are waiting for some AWD specific part to arrive...

Mine still shows Late Feb... I'm starting to think they simply did not update mine... or some options you guys took are B/O... like the Premium Interior, non-base wheels, interior color (I took obeche matte), std radio, black or beige seats... and so on.

Spoke to my DS again (poor guy). Apparently my production start date is still listed as February 9th, even though the car is listed as in production and he's showing me through paint. He can't explain this and said he's never seen anything like this. He's still trying to get an answer about what's going on from the factory. He's as curious as I am about what's going on.

Had some discussions with Tesla today about what's going on with my car. It is done with paint (as it seemed earlier) but it will not be moving on to general assembly until sometime in the first half of February. No customer 85D vehicles have begun building beyond this point (not that is was a surprise, I'm the only person I'm aware of with an 85D in production per the dashboard). Tesla is assuring me that this delay has nothing to do with my specific vehicle/order and is an overall delay in 85D orders and that they're taking extra measures to make sure they deliver an amazing car that at they have 110% confidence in.

I just got this:

Your car is going into production on February 16[SUP]th[/SUP] and should take around 3 weeks to be completed and shipped giving us a mid-march date. It will be a very quiet February for us here. I got the same thing about waiting to build a better car and learning from previous. Basically same stock answer to say they're either pushing european ones early or they have a problem they're trying to fix. This is taking forever!! lol

Kenny, which VIN has been assigned to your S85D ? Mine (VIN: 72010) should go in production next week and arrive in Switzerland early april/late march.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got the e-mail from my DES, production moved to 2/9 and pickup from Rockville SC on 2/28! All is good at the moment!!!

Spreadsheet updated.

Update: Guess this is really happening! Payment button showed up on My Tesla today.

Kenny, which VIN has been assigned to your S85D ? Mine (VIN: 72010) should go in production next week and arrive in Switzerland early april/late march.

Tesla Norway informed me on the phone today that our 85D goes in to production "today or tomorrow". No sign of this change of status in mytesla. But they assured me that by "late March" the car would be shipped half way around the globe to arrive at our door step. The electric sheep of my dreams is finally becoming reality!!! VIN 70607, come baby!!!