Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery on Monday (March 16). The DS mentioned that it was his first 85D delivery out of the Decatur service center! Loving the car!

As others have had happen, it also came with the yacht floor and heated steering wheel, despite not being available at ordering.

S85D
Steel Grey Metallic
Pano Roof
19" Standard Wheels
Grey Leather
Carbon Fiber Decor
Textile Headliner
Dual Chargers
Tech w/ Autopilot
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero
Rear Facing Seats

I spoke with my DES today and my Model S arrived today in Vancouver:biggrin:. They are doing PDI testing on it. I am not sure what that is, I'll have to find out. In the meantime the paperwork is also being done. My DES said the transporter will deliver my Model S to me late next week, exact date to follow. Here are the pictures he sent me:biggrin:. Spreadsheet has been updated as MyTesla is now reading:
Production Complete
Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.

IMG_0618.jpg
IMG_0617.jpg

S85D, all options
Vin 716xx
ordered 10/10, originally set for February, then early March.
deferred for two weeks by me
went into production 3/13
finished production 3/17
in transit as of 3/18
no delivery date set.

looks like a lot of people are going to be getting cars by end of month. I actually tried to defer to April, because I'm in the process of getting a home loan and didn't want to screw that up. They told me about a month ago they'd defer me, but either they got their wires crossed or just decided to plow ahead to get one more car delivered before quarter end. A little bit of an irritation, but thrilled to get the car I've been waiting for since October (and since 2012, if the you count the waiting for the D).

Got an email from my DS yesterday. I had emailed him to get details on financing, lienholder, so I have all my ducks in a row when the time comes, etc...and also maybe just a little curiosity about my car. He said we're on track for production to start at the end of April, because "VINs usually populate approximately 4-6 weeks before production, so we're on track for a May delivery". That seems to be the case for Jan/Feb/Mar deliveries, but I've noticed on the Apr/May/June tabs we have a few that production started as soon as 12 days a few others about 3 weeks. Of course there is also a lot that the VINS were populated longer than 4-5 weeks but production hasn't started yet, or they just didn't come back and update the spreadsheet. So hopefully production is steadily getting faster. I'll continue to cross my fingers though. Who's analyzing and obsessing about the numbers? Not me? :confused:

My 85D was delivered yesterday. I think one of the hardest bits of waiting (they were all pretty hard) was waiting for someone to be available to transport it from Columbus up to Ann Arbor, which took several days. Order placed October 16, finalized November 13, car received March 19.

Plenty of people have reviewed the car by now so I'm not going to try, but it's everything I hoped. The spartan interior will take some adjusting to after my Audi, though. And oh yeah, the manual could do better about explaining where the child seat tether attachment points are hidden.

One question for others -- has anyone complained about the intense new-car smell? It doesn't bug me but after about an hour in the car my wife almost hurled, seriously.

My 85D status changed early today to "Production Complete: Your Model S is in transit from the factory". I still do not have an ETA, nor have they setup a delivery appointment. VIN 76304. Any ideas how long it takes a service center to prepare the car for delivery? Any other forum members with recent complete dates with cars getting shipped to Denver?

Nobody in Buckeye land wanted to to that city up North. :smile: Go BUCKS. But do enjoy your car.

- - - Updated - - -

My 85D was delivered yesterday. I think one of the hardest bits of waiting (they were all pretty hard) was waiting for someone to be available to transport it from Columbus up to Ann Arbor, which took several days.

jgs - Nobody in Buckeye land what to drive to that city up North. Go BUCKS. But seriously -- enjoy your car