Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S85D order confirmed 12/29/14
scheduled delivery in Rocklin, CA
from MyTesla page:
estimated "late March" delivery
"Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, CA"
recent VIN assignment 764XX

And for what it is worth, I tried the P85D before ordering my 85D. The launch was physiologically altering and gave me an instant headache :). Plus, I rationalized that there may be a day when my young boys drove the car, and I didn't want to be responsible for giving them the tool of their own destruction! lol

Entered production March 23
Finished production March 26
Picked up at the factory March 27 (factory tour was AWESOME!)
Epic Pacific Coast Highway 1 road trip March 27-29
(And learned today that my 85D is actually sporting 422 horsepower, not the originally stated 380 horsepower. Just another beautiful surprise to appreciate from an unbelievable machine.)

My blue 85D just switched to in-production (probably in same batch as blogth) . Order confirmed on 2/5/15. Shows delivery for late-April.

Just switched to Production Complete - In transit from factory.

Haven't heard from my DS, but probably will make its way to NY by the end of next week!

- - - Updated - - -

And for what it is worth, I tried the P85D before ordering my 85D. The launch was physiologically altering and gave me an instant headache :). Plus, I rationalized that there may be a day when my young boys drove the car, and I didn't want to be responsible for giving them the tool of their own destruction! lol

Valet mode works on teenage boys too.

VIN: 789XXX, S85D
Order confirmed 2/11/15
Paid/production: 4/6/15
Call by transporter 4/10/15: "Can you take delivery Sunday morning?" "Duh... :")
Call from transporter (from Yuma, AZ), "Tomorrow still good? " Still "Duh... :)."

Hopefully, pictures coming off trailer in Santa Fe, NM tomorrow!

We just found out our delivery will be at the end of next week.

A comment on this - we never heard anything from our DS until I repeatedly emailed our original salesperson as I didn't know the name or email address of our DS. Apparently there was an email sent at some point, but I never got it, nor did I get another that was sent today. My assumption is that the DS had the wrong email address even though our original sales person as well as Tesla corp has the correct email address.

Bottom line is that if your car has gone into In Transit state, and you haven't heard anything from a DS, you might want to proactively contact them. I'm not sure how long it would have been if I hadn't.

Agreed with RDoc. Every single communication with my DS was by my own doing. I found out from him today that production will start this week. Since my credit union won't write funds directly (they mail a physical check) I wanted to get all the paperwork done before hand so we don't have any delays with payment once the car is ready to ship. It took a few emails to get a response from him.

The only way I found out who my DS was through the email I received when my vehicle got my VIN.

The only way I found out who my DS was through the email I received when my vehicle got my VIN.

My experience also. We also had this weird mix-up where all of the emails about our order went to me except that one email with the VIN and the DS's contact information, which went to my wife instead. (I wanted both of us to get all of the emails.) None of us can figure out why that happened. Since then everything's gone only to me...that's consistent so I can live with that.

We never got any emails from our DS at all, I assume the email address they were using was wrong even though I've gotten emails from our initial salesman and from Tesla itself. We did get one phone call, but the estimated delivery was in May whereas we're actually getting the car next week.