Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model Y orders

smcginnis

Travel in the time of Covid
Feb 24, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
In order to be added to the major stock indexes, Tesla will need to show a GAAP profit in 1Q, so my guess is that the most profitable autos-Performance, FSD, AWD, paint and wheel upgrades- are going out the door first. The less profitable versions will be produced when the ramp up is high enough that volume will produce sufficient profit.

xtnvieira

Feb 6, 2020
Orange County, CA
In order to be added to the major stock indexes, Tesla will need to show a GAAP profit in 1Q, so my guess is that the most profitable autos-Performance, FSD, AWD, paint and wheel upgrades- are going out the door first. The less profitable versions will be produced when the ramp up is high enough that volume will produce sufficient profit.

This isn’t true though because Performance and AWD orders are being fulfilled and trucks have been spotted transporting AWD variants. Plus no one who orders a white interior (the more expensive option) has received a delivery email.

AdVanced

Jan 24, 2020
Columbus
I wish we knew how many of the 590 actually received the email. I updated my entry (I think!), but I'm sure some forgot in all the excitement!

Yea, there was one or two cross posts in Reddit, mostly in comments. Even the Model 3 sheet misses entries. However, that is a good one to look at sample size if you want to extrapolate results. Crossposting to other forums would help to remind and gather more data.

Gigaron

San Bruno
Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
If you're not aware, Teslike Troy has a tracker for those who are jumping in and doing orders now that the Model Y ordering is up and running with deliveries starting in March.

Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker

How does one add to the tracker? Do I send Teslike Troy a PM or request permission to edit the sheet? Just ordered my AWD Long range on July 24 in Burlingame CA and was quoted 2 months:

Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability

spsheridan

Sep 30, 2019
Los Angeles
How does one add to the tracker? Do I send Teslike Troy a PM or request permission to edit the sheet? Just ordered my AWD Long range on July 24 in Burlingame CA and was quoted 2 months:

Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability

Go to this link Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet and select the "Google form to add or edit your data" option.

• Helpful
Reactions: Troy

gadelrosario

Mar 18, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
Please educate a first time Tesla purchaser: what does “a production slot has been assigned for your vehicle” mean? Is it anything to get excited about? I can guess at it’s meaning but I’ve learned during this painful purchase experience not to put much faith in what Tesla says.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC