TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by andrewket, Jan 21, 2013.

1. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Hey multi-red owners...

I thought it would be interesting to track multi-red orders in an effort to provide all of us more visibility into the delivery process. Multi-red is supposed to go into production in March, but Tesla has not stated if that is March 1st or some other time during the month. We also don't know if Tesla is going to feather multi-red orders into the existing queue, or if come March ~1st all the backlogged multi-red orders with sequence numbers lower than the current will be moved to the top of the queue. IE, will Tesla only make multi-red cars for a week to catch up? Doubtful, but that's why I thought it would be interesting for us to track multi-red separately for a few months.

If you would like to participate, please add your information to the spreadsheet.

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

Added. Thanks!

3. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

I am so jealous of the RED owners. <sigh> I couldn't wait, but I'm sure I'm gonna regret it.

4. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

I'm in...Counting the days....

5. lmach

lmach Member

Just added mine. Thanks for tracking!

6. Frankc

Frankc Member

I have included my data as well.

There seems to be a number of threads that have started specifically on the red topic, but no single place for them be collected. (Mod's am I off base here? - if so please correct).

Based on comments from Tesla reps that were at the Nvidia booth during CES, it sounded like the only gating item at this point is just final characterization of the paint equipment. Speculation that shipments would start in March were neither confirmed or denied. If the goal of sending out notices roughly a month in advance holds, some on this list should start to hear official date ranges in the next few weeks if indeed March is realistic.

I decided early on to wait for both the 60kWh pack and the new Red. It's great to see all of this come together. Thanks to andrewket for getting this thread started!

7. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Added my data. Counting the days...

8. StevePro

StevePro Member

Added my info too. Noticed that a number of people (everyone) missed the audio/tech package columns. Someone put in finalize date of Dec, 2013 - I took the liberty of changing the year of that entry.

9. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

StevePro- I didn't add audio/tech as a column because I don't believe there has been any discussion about these options causing a delay in delivery. The suspension definitely has, and while I haven't heard anything specific about the wheels, we do know that in December there were cases of people ordering 21's and receiving 19's.

A

10. DLM270

DLM270 #7773

I'm in, but my MVPA Pre-Delivery target dates appear to be off, probably because their system was not updated when I finalized on Nov 29.

11. StevePro

StevePro Member

Someone else must have added the audio/tech columns later (I didn't). Interesting information to include.

12. miamimd

miamimd Member

Thanks for tracking. I want to see the production confirmed red in a car!!!!

13. xhawk101

xhawk101 Active Member

#13 xhawk101, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    60kwh red here too!

Added my data!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

14. desiguy

desiguy Member

15. Hometheatremaven

#15 Hometheatremaven, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    Mine's the only one so far with standard suspension and no tech package. That makes me feel special :wink:

Update: Well I just talked to Tesla and I'm bummed. Seems that the standard suspension is holding up my car. They aren't producing any standard suspensions now; CSR said to check back in March, so the April/May time-frame still seems to be it for me :cursing:

16. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The car being delivered is P7460. So I suppose all of us with red should be on the lookout! It appears that production must be starting sooner then March 1.

17. DLM270

DLM270 #7773

It sure is OK with me if TESLA beats another target date. I will be taking an occational drive by the Fremont Plant to look for Red on the test track. :>)

18. highfalutintodd

Just added my info to the list. April/May here we come....

19. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

I've added as well. Earliest reservation so far at 1491 ...

20. xhawk101

xhawk101 Active Member

Omg better get on the ball! Maybe I should call them p5810 red 60 kwh air suspension

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD