Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked my car up from the Seattle Center today. Excited about the color. Really comes alive in the sunlight with sparkles for the fine flakes in the paint! Beautiful in person! My camera doesn't do it justice, but here're a few pictures:

WP_20130502_002.jpg
WP_20130502_006.jpg

So I am sitting here reading the Tesla boards and I get a text from an unknown, but local number asking if my vin is 9183. Turns out one of our STL Meetup members is at the SC here in STL and spied a red one and wondered if it were mine. So sweet of him to text me a pic too! It's gorgeous, but it's not mine (9580 here).

Anyway, thanks jvonbokel!

I finalized my order on !/29/2013 for a P85, Red Model S...tan interior ...21" silver and all options except 3rd seat. I was given a delivery date of May 8--May 22 on March 15th and have not received any additional information despite calling/emailing
for a status update. My question?? if they have P85's available for purchase now and no wait. " WHERE IS MY CAR "???

Picked my car up from the Seattle Center today. Excited about the color. Really comes alive in the sunlight with sparkles for the fine flakes in the paint! Beautiful in person! My camera doesn't do it justice, but here're a few pictures:
Beautiful Steve Pro. I am picking up mine from Seattle Center tomorrow at 3:00PM. You would have seen another red with 19" wheels ready to go!!

VIN 10001

p85 with grey wheels and black roof in arrest me red to be picked up in Costa Mesa Saturday 5/11.. Can't believe it is almost here. And then the wait for the carpool sticker!

Now to find a tint place in Southern California Orange County that doesn't jack up the price because it is a luxury car! My last place adds $60 just because it is a luxury car!

p85 with grey wheels and black roof in arrest me red to be picked up in Costa Mesa Saturday 5/11.. Can't believe it is almost here. And then the wait for the carpool sticker!

Now to find a tint place in Southern California Orange County that doesn't jack up the price because it is a luxury car! My last place adds $60 just because it is a luxury car!

Cool VIN bro.

Last edited:
Picked up "Ruby" yesterday at the factory in Fremont and did the tour. Very awesome...The Tesla Grin is now permanent...And the new multi-coat red has so many different looks depending on the lighting, sun, shade, etc.

Also ran into Franz at Customer Delivery and got to chat with him for a bit....Very nice guy...

I posted more about the factory visit on the San Diego thread, so I don't want to duplicate it.

Next San Diego EV Meet, Sat, June 8, 2013 @ 8:30am

I was very blown away by the factory tour..Watching the robots dance was intoxicating....

Randy

Attachments

• Ruby2.jpg
    Ruby2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 717
  • Franz.jpg
    Franz.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 705
  • Ruby1.jpg
    Ruby1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 713