Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed a change in my garage this morning. Instead of my order was sent to the factory it now says it is being built and also the button for additional services to purchase is there as others are talking about in the stickied thread. Being in FL though I only show the tire service warranty.
Has everybody's changed to being built?
View attachment 18921

Is it me, or does the red depicted on our garage pages appears to be darker then the red we are seeing on photos?

I called Tesla and talked to a very nice DS. At first, she was giving me the standard boiler-plate answer about Apr-May from the pre-MVPA. Then she said "Wait a minute", and told me that I was scheduled for "end of line on Apr 29". That apparently means that the car will go on the production line on Apr 29. She said that they are only taking 6-7 days for a car to go through from start to finish. Getting delivered to Denver is supposed to take about a week after that, so hopefully I am looking at mid-May. I also asked about the delivery option rumors, and she said that you can still choose between home delivery and pickup at a Service Center.

85 or 60 kwh? High res # too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just noticed a change in my garage this morning. Instead of my order was sent to the factory it now says it is being built and also the button for additional services to purchase is there as others are talking about in the stickied thread. Being in FL though I only show the tire service warranty.
Has everybody's changed to being built?

Unfortunately, I don't think this actually means anything. My "My Garage" page has said "Status: The Tesla Factor is building your Model S" since at least February 26. I know that specifically because I took a screen grab of the page and sent it to a friend of mine that day.

And they definitely have NOT been building my red S for the last month. :-(

Unfortunately, I don't think this actually means anything. My "My Garage" page has said "Status: The Tesla Factor is building your Model S" since at least February 26. I know that specifically because I took a screen grab of the page and sent it to a friend of mine that day.

And they definitely have NOT been building my red S for the last month. :-(

Same here. I've had the "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S" since January. Other reports state that you'll see that message until you take delivery. As to the service options, everyone who is finalized now has that option as of late last week.

I just spoke to my DS. My end of line date (the date that the car reaches the end of the production line - IE, it's finished) is 5/6. This is a bit disappointing, as it appears that I may have been pushed back a few weeks because I added the 3rd row, despite being promised that it would not have any effect on my delivery date. The DS's position on this was "We're still going to meet our promise of an April-May delivery, so it didn't have an effect." Unfortunately, the few weeks makes a difference, as I already have financing in place that will expire the first week of May. I hope the 3rd row is worth it :\

I don't know if this helps or not. Also spoke with my DS. End of line first week of May. Model s p85 # 14291, red/black, CF trim and spoiler, pano, , HPWC, 21"gray, tech, sound, 3rd row rear facing seats, parcel shelf, twin chargers. Estimated delivery most likely end of May. We will see.

Omg, spoke with 3 different tesla folks, finally most knowledgable at 888.771.2505 and my 60 kwh red #5810 is slated for "end of line early April ...you should get VIN next week and hear from inside delivery team and expect car delivery late April" Yesssss. Now don't pop my bubble lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does it make any difference to be constantly calling Telsa? Will it speed up production or delivery? I don't think so. All it may do is distract the attention of DS's from the delivery of other owner's cars that have already been manufactured. So I'm just going to stand by until I received the hoped-for delivery notice.

Last edited:
Does it make any difference to be constantly calling Telsa?

I'm looking for some more specific information about schedule for my loan and for moving money between accounts. It matters for me if it's the first week of April or the last week. I'm not looking for the hour or minute. But a vague 60 day window is challenging for me to plan around and even harder for a bank to understand. They keep asking me:
- Bank: Okay, you're buying a car. Whats the VIN?
- Me: I dont know yet, it is being manufactured and that hasn't started yet.
- Bank: What do you mean you don't know? Oh, its not made yet, i get it. When will you know?
- Me: Two weeks before i can pick it up, so about one before i have to pay.
- Bank: That's a narrow timeline. When do you pick it up?
- Me: I don't know, sometime in April or May.

I'm looking for some more specific information about schedule for my loan and for moving money between accounts. It matters for me if it's the first week of April or the last week. I'm not looking for the hour or minute. But a vague 60 day window is challenging for me to plan around and even harder for a bank to understand. They keep asking me:
- Bank: Okay, you're buying a car. Whats the VIN?
- Me: I dont know yet, it is being manufactured and that hasn't started yet.
- Bank: What do you mean you don't know? Oh, its not made yet, i get it. When will you know?
- Me: Two weeks before i can pick it up, so about one before i have to pay.
- Bank: That's a narrow timeline. When do you pick it up?
- Me: I don't know, sometime in April or May.

Wheee! I have resisted getting financing set up so that I don't have to have this exact conversation. Plus approval expiration periods become an issue. Time is running out, though, next week I'll have to initiate these calls.

Calling Tesla won't speed up production or delivery, that is true. Having a 60 day window makes it a little harder to plan for financing, selling or trading your current car, etc. Somebody at Tesla should have a pretty good idea of their exact production rate, what is in the pipeline, etc. They ought to be able to give people a tighter delivery window, barring unforeseen circumstances that might cause a delay. Based on what a DS told me yesterday about my car, I am hoping for delivery by mid to late May. We will see... :)

Looks to me that everyone that ordered arrest-me-red has a April/May timeline. The only thing that concerns me is the CVRP running out of money by the time I receive my MS. They are going thru the funds at approximately $140,000 per day. I hope they add more like they have already done in the past. In the mean time looking forward to someone getting there red soon.