Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DLM270, thanks for all the pictures it is all some of us have to keep our minds occupied until we get our Red's. I think the color is amazing and looks good in all lighting. You have been inundated with requests and we all appreciate your efforts to get us plenty of fabulous pictures. Thanks.

Your signature says grey leather but that sure looks like tan in the photos. Did you change from grey to tan or is it just the lighting conditions?
artsci: DLM270's interior looks light gray to me...that being said, I opted for the same color combo as you-red and tan , so I will jones along with you until we see a shot of the red/tan. :smile:

DLM, thank you for posting more pictures. There is one other topic on upgraded car mats that some of the earlier deliveries missed out on. Can you take some pictures of the interiors with the Hatch back open.

Thanks in advance

I took pictures of the mats and the Hatch back area this morning in very bright sunlight. They images are lighter then they appear to the eye.

IMG_1572.jpg
IMG_1574.JPG
IMG_1575.jpg
IMG_1576.JPG

artsci - The Grey Leather is very light, but is definately GREY and not TAN.

- - - Updated - - -

DLM, a word to the wise: with active air suspension, don't park over curbs and wheel stops. I've had my car settle onto them, twice.

Congratulations: the red is stunning.

VERY GOOD Advice! Unfortunately, I was not driving, but my wife immediately climbed out of the car and checked the clearance (was still 3"). She has had the same problem with her Lexus SC 400, so I am hoping the lesson is learned. Also, taught her to make wide turns around sharp right hand corners to prevent curb rash.
Thanks
DLM

DLM270: Thanks for the pictures! I downloaded some of them to gaze at. I think I have a problem...

Got my Multi-Coat Red delivery last night at 3 AM! What? It's about 1- 2 weeks before my scheduled delivery!

I've been following this thread since it's inception and have been using my free time prepping my garage. NEMA 14-50 installed yesterday. Got rid of all the stupid metal conduit for my solar inverters (don't want my babys' car door getting dinged). Yes, I ripped out some drywall and wired inside the garage wall! Moved my Blink charger that I had for my LEAF (I'm in Arizona, battery problems, poor range, nuff said). Now I'm ready for an S & X. Loan ready, insurance ready, paint armor ready, garage ready...just need the friggin' car. I had a cappuccino last night... bad move, trouble falling to sleep, kept checking my Tesla app to see if "it's alive yet." Found myself in the middle of a very vivid dream. These 20 year olds were parking a pickup with a flatbed parked at my delivery point behind Macaroni Grill at my kids school. They park NASCAR trucks there so it's a good spot. This place was a little different and it was late at night. Lots of white wood framing all around like it was a construction zone. I was running back and fort looking for it, not sure how I knew it was there. Had a hard time even seeing my car but it had the white shipping film on it and I got a glimpse of the red. The delivery "kids" didn't even know what it was but we managed to get it off the truck. They seemed happy to get rid of it so they could get off to partying on saturday night. Woke up and checked my app again...still not alive. Damn. Anyone else with this problem?

Hopefully it was a short distance. I would hate to think of mine like that on a 2500 mile cross country trip. Especially for a while they were putting the armor coat on at the delivery centers. Nothing like putting protection on over top of rock chips. :confused:

DLM was gracious enough to let me see his red beauty at the Target charging stations in Fremont earlier today.

My first reaction was simply "Wow!!" - having seen the preproduction non-sig-red last June, I found this much nicer, creamier and deep. The light play and the deeper tone it takes on in the shade is outstanding! Tesla has hit it out of the park with this color!

D's red next to my drab green:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365990971.503640.jpg

A video semi-walkaround:

Last edited by a moderator:
My first reaction was simply "Wow!!" - having seen the preproduction non-sig-red last June, I found this much nicer, creamier and deep. The light play and the deeper tone it takes on in the shade is outstanding! Tesla has hit it out of the park with this color!

gg It was good seeing you again and comparing notes on the cars. I appreciate your sharing of information which helps my learning curve. It was also great to finally see the two cars together.

Thanks,
D