Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My usual afternoon update from the Seattle Service Center :). Red, 19" Tan,60KWh, Pano with VIN #8919 is here. Picture below. Also heard that two more trucks are scheduled to come in later today with more Reds!!!
View attachment 20400
Sweet! Congrad's! I'm now very jealous of your new car as I couldn't wait and got blue (which I love but red is amazing).

Also, it is a moderately good comparison of the Signature red car parked to the right.

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forum for a while now, but can now contribute something meaningful since I was at the factory for a tour earlier today... :biggrin:

I have VIN#8976 - P85, Multi-coat Red, 21" (grey wheels), solid roof, carbon/black interior expected for delivery at the factory in the next week or so. Production supposedly finishes this week, and I'm assuming a couple more days for QA/test before I get the pickup date. I took the tour a bit early since I had some family in town who wanted to join.

At the factory today...

- TWO 60's in red with 19" parked in front of the delivery center waiting for pickup - one had a VIN# ~50 earlier than mine (8930'ish)
- Multiple reds on the assembly line (along with various other colors)
- The factory is definitely cranking along, lots of parts being queued up, and the cars are steadily moving down the production line
- Fit and finish on the cars outside the delivery center were even better than a grey car a friend picked up in February (which was already VERY good)! Body panel gaps looked great - nothing awkward.

I may or may not be the first to post a pic of a red with grey wheels, but I'll definitely share some pics once I get the car.

My usual afternoon update from the Seattle Service Center :). Red, 19" Tan,60KWh, Pano with VIN #8919 is here. Picture below. Also heard that two more trucks are scheduled to come in later today with more Reds!!!
View attachment 20400

Glad to see more REDS being delivered and on the road!

We are taking our RED on its first real 'road trip' (180 miles) to Clovis, CA. this weekend. Will be charging it at my son's for the return trip home.

Seeing the RED in the rain, reminds me why I moved to California. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forum for a while now, but can now contribute something meaningful since I was at the factory for a tour earlier today... :biggrin:

I have VIN#8976 - P85, Multi-coat Red, 21" (grey wheels), solid roof, carbon/black interior expected for delivery at the factory in the next week or so. Production supposedly finishes this week, and I'm assuming a couple more days for QA/test before I get the pickup date. I took the tour a bit early since I had some family in town who wanted to join.

At the factory today...

- TWO 60's in red with 19" parked in front of the delivery center waiting for pickup - one had a VIN# ~50 earlier than mine (8930'ish)
- Multiple reds on the assembly line (along with various other colors)
- The factory is definitely cranking along, lots of parts being queued up, and the cars are steadily moving down the production line
- Fit and finish on the cars outside the delivery center were even better than a grey car a friend picked up in February (which was already VERY good)! Body panel gaps looked great - nothing awkward.

I may or may not be the first to post a pic of a red with grey wheels, but I'll definitely share some pics once I get the car.

Thank you for the update Desmo999, hope my car is one of those in production.

Apparently I'm the first red Tesla on the road in Seattle. Followed very shortly by 8369 who had an appt at 1:30. Including mine there were 4 reds in the delivery warehouse. :)

Pics to follow when I'm done driving. So you know.... In 250 miles or so.
Congrats BPerry :) Where did you go to pick up your car. Where is this warehouse.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see more REDS being delivered and on the road!

We are taking our RED on its first real 'road trip' (180 miles) to Clovis, CA. this weekend. Will be charging it at my son's for the return trip home.

Seeing the RED in the rain, reminds me why I moved to California. :rolleyes:
Let us know how it goes. Did you Max Charge?.

I drove my neighbors to the factory yesterday to pick up their red 60 and saw three others in the staging area. The only VIN I had a chance to peek at was 8929. I've got a grey 60 but I have to say that these reds are beautiful. Unfortunately my neighbor got a ticket on her way home yesterday. Nonetheless, she and her husband still have the grin.

I drove my neighbors to the factory yesterday to pick up their red 60 and saw three others in the staging area. The only VIN I had a chance to peek at was 8929. I've got a grey 60 but I have to say that these reds are beautiful. Unfortunately my neighbor got a ticket on her way home yesterday. Nonetheless, she and her husband still have the grin.

I will go through a notorious speed trap area on I-684 coming back from my service center pickup next week. Hopefully this story is a warning to be careful rather than an omen of things to come :biggrin:

My VIN is 8917 so i'll bet it was one of the 3 you mention! Hope to meet her next week.

I bet the cop just want to check the beautiful interior

My RED is stuck in Clovis, CA. because my sons 30amp outlet does not work. As a result we are forced to charge at 12 amp, 120volts and it will take another day to reach a level to get us back to Gilroy for supercharging. No anxiety, but much frustration! No charging stations available in the Fresno area.....

My RED is stuck in Clovis, CA. because my sons 30amp outlet does not work. As a result we are forced to charge at 12 amp, 120volts and it will take another day to reach a level to get us back to Gilroy for supercharging. No anxiety, but much frustration! No charging stations available in the Fresno area.....

Yep. My wife's dad lives in Fresno and we noted the lack of EV infrastructure up there. I'm thinking about sending an electrician out to his monastery to get it hooked up for 240V. Fresno is the gateway to Yosemite!!

Charging near Yosemite

I have friends that live in Groveland and from Sonoma it is 160 miles, and you have to climb old priest grade. So I would probably just make it. There is a J1772 in Yosemite valley and then you are looking at Stockton and Modesto. So it would be nice to have more charging stations in this area.

Someone posted this pic on a different thread. First red with grey wheels that I've seen. Not the best pic, unfortunately.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366516096.147301.jpg

I have friends that live in Groveland and from Sonoma it is 160 miles, and you have to climb old priest grade. So I would probably just make it. There is a J1772 in Yosemite valley and then you are looking at Stockton and Modesto. So it would be nice to have more charging stations in this area.

I know the route well. We used to have a place at Pine Mountain Lake, and I would say you could consume an entire battery charge climbing Old Priests Grade. :biggrin:

But you could also recharge your battery going down. Maybe the Iron Door Solon has a charging station.

Delivered today in Portland... Red 60... absolutely gorgeous! Congrats (I'll let the owners make themselves known, if they so choose). They were taping the event, so I suspect we'll see them here shortly. Beautiful day for a delivery.

Downstairs prior to delivery...
IMG_3185.jpg

Amazing color...
IMG_3186.jpg

Badged up and ready to go...
IMG_3187.jpg

For Medved.

Bummer, D. I suppose you checked Recargo?! I see atleast two Nissan dealerships, a facility run by the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District, and one private individual (Tesla Roadster owner) all offering atleast 30 A service:

San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District - Fresno, CA - Recargo
Nissan of Clovis - Clovis, CA - Recargo
Lithia Nissan of Fresno - Fresno, CA - Recargo
Residence - Teslas only - Fresno, CA - Recargo (may not work unless with the Roadster HPC adapter)