Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Day! 63613 out of production and into being prepared for pickup and delivery! Ordered 10/14 (I was an S order from 9/14 or so and re-booked with D), in production 10/10. Heading to PDX. We need some good news here since our friends' 6th grader died in her sleep last Thurs...

I'm sure people have their reasons, but, I don't see any that make a lot of sense. The only real reason seems to be the heated steering wheel... which to me is definitely not a good reason to cancel and reorder a $100k+ vehicle over a $20 option...

Certainly no offense intended towards those who has reordered.

No offense taken here either. I canceled and reordered primarily for the heated steering wheel. I know that seems silly to many but for me it's a big deal. My hands are always cold. I often drive my Roadster with the vents twisted around to blow hot air on my hands but it doesn't work very well. A heated steering wheel will be a major comfort improvement for me. I've been waiting since Model S was first announced to get an AWD version. I was hoping for a nice Xmas present but another waiting another couple months is well worth it for me.

My deliver date has recently changed frost from December then to Late December now to this.

View attachment 66141

I was a 11/26 start. Anyone else seeing this change?
that was the last thing I saw before I finalized the re-order that led to the car disappearing completely from my dash board. It further confirmed my decision as it appeared that I was unlikely to get my car in December anyway even though it was originally started on November 21. I went from being potentially one of the first cars to arrive in Canada, to a car that was unlikely to arrive in December. Doubt I'll ever know exactly what happened as nobody ever volunteered any information (even about the seats) to me. I was thinking that maybe it was deprioritized due to my discussions about re-ordering but if you are seeing the same thing then I'm still mystified.

Hey Guys,
never done anything like this before for myself. Scheduled for a pick up on my birthday December 27th. P85D, metallic grey, upgraded seats, dual chargers, grey interior, 21" smoked hurricanes, upgraded sound, entertainment, upgraded suspension, spoiler, pano roof! All approved and paid.

Feel like a kid waiting for his first Christmas. Could this be any better? Hope they make the 27th delivery. I just keep hearing it will be before end of month. These guys, with all their tech should let us track our car by camera feed as its built in the line. How cool would that be for us overhyped Tesla crazies?

Any thoughts how to help make the 27th or am I just dreaming?

For delivery in Europe it seems that the bottle neck is Holland where all cars are shipped to. It also seems that the cars a waiting there for a month or two before they are transported to the destination. I have asked if I could pick up my P85D in Holland, but was not permitted to do so. Has any of you guys from Europe tried the same ?
I have a "March" delivery date.

For delivery in Europe it seems that the bottle neck is Holland where all cars are shipped to. It also seems that the cars a waiting there for a month or two before they are transported to the destination. I have asked if I could pick up my P85D in Holland, but was not permitted to do so. Has any of you guys from Europe tried the same ?
I have a "March" delivery date.

Hi Axel,

I'll ask my DS if it's possible to pick-up the car in Tilburg since it's only 100 KM from my place (Belgium, Diepenbeek).
I've planned a factory tour in Tilburg (January 2nd), mayble I'll get some more information there too.
My scheduled delivery is also in March.
I'll keep you informed :)

Hey Guys,
never done anything like this before for myself. Scheduled for a pick up on my birthday December 27th. P85D, metallic grey, upgraded seats, dual chargers, grey interior, 21" smoked hurricanes, upgraded sound, entertainment, upgraded suspension, spoiler, pano roof! All approved and paid.

Feel like a kid waiting for his first Christmas. Could this be any better? Hope they make the 27th delivery. I just keep hearing it will be before end of month. These guys, with all their tech should let us track our car by camera feed as its built in the line. How cool would that be for us overhyped Tesla crazies?

Any thoughts how to help make the 27th or am I just dreaming?

Happy Birthday!
I know how you feel, mine is a "birthday gift" as well, just a couple of weeks early!

Production Complete
Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.

My Tesla updated this morning. Monday told them to put the Standard Leather in the back...Get my delivery done!
I sort of enjoy going down to the SC and chatting...That and I'll need my Winter tires removed probably by the time the new leather is ready. (Had to poke a little fun in)

Spreadsheet updated

Last edited by a moderator: