Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm there with you. My car went into production on 12/08 and still showing as being built. My DS said it was getting ready for delivery soon with some other cars, but it seemed more of a general statement than fact. I asked why my Tesla page didn't show that and he hasn't responded.

Same here. Went into production 12/10 and currently stuck as per dashboard. The projected Dec. 28th delivery is approaching fast. Assuming the trucks drive during the Christmas holidays, it is still feasible if production completes in the next two days.

My original car is on its way east. If it makes it by Monday, and assuming everything looks in order, my plan is to take it. If the car misses the date, then I'll re-order, since I won't be back until January anyway. That's the current thinking anyway :)

Good luck, Andrew. All our thoughts are with you.
BTW, seems totally appropriate that your car will be red. The redshift caused by the black hole it was circling should have ensured that. I wonder if mine turned red.

Thanks!
Talked to the local folks here in Denver about delivery. They said as soon as it's on the truck, they will get a Denver arrival date and time from the truck driver, then call me to set up a pickup time! The rough guess now is a day or two to get on the truck, two days on the truck from California to Colorado, a day of local prep, then I can take delivery.

Do you need a ride out to the Service Center? <grin>

Just confirmed my order today :) had an interested test drive earlier this week which you can read about on the P85D test drives thread.
Ordered: 12/08
Confirmed: 12/17
Estimated Delivery: Late February
Deliver Location: Longwood, FL (Orlando Service Center)
Color: Blue
Wheels: 19' Base
Interior: Gray, Obeche Matte, Black Headliner
Options: Tech, Sound, Pano, Next Gen, Air, Red Calipers
First time Model S owner, keeping my ICE just in case :wink:

The blackhole seems to be a FILO. First in, last out. I imagine tesla started parking cars inside the factory with only one exit, and had to dig themselves out.

That's actually what I was thinking as well... And my DS kinda confirmed it. There have been a few exceptions for sure, but I believe those were on a case by case basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoke to my DS this afternoon and she mentioned something I don't recall anyone talking about... they are shipping cars (some?) via train. I wonder if that's faster getting to the midwest and east?

Yeah heard the same the other day... Cars being sent via train to Chicago and then trucked from there.

That's actually what I was thinking as well... And my DS kinda confirmed it. There have been a few exceptions for sure, but I believe those were on a case by case basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah heard the same the other day... Cars being sent via train to Chicago and then trucked from there.

Tesla probably exhausted car carrier supply this week :/

Spoke to my DS this afternoon and she mentioned something I don't recall anyone talking about... they are shipping cars (some?) via train. I wonder if that's faster getting to the midwest and east?

I was notified of the same today after I was already told it was on a truck Monday. Not sure if something changed or there was a misunderstanding or what. I've never heard anyone mention them being shipped via train. My DS also seemed surprised. In any case, I'm not sure if this is a slower or faster method to Austin. He told me his conservative estimate for delivery is next week after Christmas. That seems like slower to me.

it is here!

So sweet.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got confirmation on Tuesday that my P85D has completed manufacturing and is the process of being loaded onto a train/truck/something for delivery Christmas week as planned back in early November. No next gen seats but that's okay... Gives me a chance to test both types! Most likely a 12/26 pickup date...

I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow. Very exciting!!

- - - Updated - - -

Brownbody- Congrats and Love the red!