Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was notified of the same today after I was already told it was on a truck Monday. Not sure if something changed or there was a misunderstanding or what. I've never heard anyone mention them being shipped via train. My DS also seemed surprised. In any case, I'm not sure if this is a slower or faster method to Austin. He told me his conservative estimate for delivery is next week after Christmas. That seems like slower to me.

Brownbody - Didn't know the Aero wheels were still an option? Thought they'd disappeared?
They can be bought at the Tesla online store. I got the with the winter tire set. I had them take off my 21" summer wheels. They were in Oct $3000. But they come with storage covers.

- - - Updated - - -

I was notified of the same today after I was already told it was on a truck Monday. Not sure if something changed or there was a misunderstanding or what. I've never heard anyone mention them being shipped via train. My DS also seemed surprised. In any case, I'm not sure if this is a slower or faster method to Austin. He told me his conservative estimate for delivery is next week after Christmas. That seems like slower to me.

They can be bought at the Tesla online store. I got the with the winter tire set. I had them take off my 21" summer wheels. They were in Oct $3000. But they come with storage covers.

oophs. I see that they are gone from the store. They are only for winter. They look quite nice.

Picked up my car tonight. It has NextGen seats in front and old style seats in back. When accelerating there's a pleasant motor sound (would not call it noise) from the front. No bother at all. Unfortunately I only got to drive it for 30 mins and won't get to see it again for 1-2 weeks as I drove it straight over to my detailer for the full spa treatment (Xpel, Opticoat, Photosync, and powdercoating).

Pics:

Picasa Web Albums - Matthew Chan - P85D

Just took delivery of my p85d. I know some have canceled because they wanted a heating steering wheel. Well... I have it in mine as part of my cold weather package. More to come later tonight. Car is awesome.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just took delivery of my p85d. I know some have canceled because they wanted a heating steering wheel. Well... I have it in mine as part of my cold weather package. More to come later tonight. Car is awesome.

View attachment 66339
View attachment 66340

Do you have the next gen seats? Saw a delivery on another thread with a car that has them both front and back. Was surprised to see that.

All these delivery pictures make me so happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny story. I had been sitting on making the final payment until I was sure that I was actually going to get a car in 2014. Once I felt confident that I had escaped the black hole, I set up a wire from my broker to pay off the balance. As is usual, they have to call to confirm that it isn't a scam before placing an outbound transfer. The lady that called me said that my transfer was flagged as likely fraudulent because they had two different wires set for the exact same amount to the exact same bank account. I explained to her that I didn't find that as surprising as she did. Apparently, all options but third row was a popular configuration and someone else had the same sense of timing as I did.

Congrats!

Does the heated steering wheel look exactly like the regular steering wheel, as far as you can tell? When you have the chance, could you take a picture of it, please, so perhaps those with the regular steering wheel could compare it and note any differences?

Thanks!