Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Installed it yesterday. .72 I believe. Same release notes.

Mine is finished and yes, same release notes. (It says it's 2.0.81). One thing though - unless I'm dreaming, my rated range miles went up from 217 to 224 with the update (I charge to the top border of "Daily Driving" which I think is 90%).

My P85+ was usually about 236 on a 90% charge...hmmm...I have been driving the P85D pretty inefficiently in the couple days I've had it...so could this have been the range "fix" per Elon's tweet? And as I drive less insane-ly maybe the rated range will creep back up above 230? (and yes, no new "normal" driving mode...)

Mine is finished and yes, same release notes. (It says it's 2.0.81). One thing though - unless I'm dreaming, my rated range miles went up from 217 to 224 with the update (I charge to the top border of "Daily Driving" which I think is 90%).

My P85+ was usually about 236 on a 90% charge...hmmm...I have been driving the P85D pretty inefficiently in the couple days I've had it...so could this have been the range "fix" per Elon's tweet? And as I drive less insane-ly maybe the rated range will creep back up above 230? (and yes, no new "normal" driving mode...)

I am am seeing the same thing. My rated miles changed from 211 to 218 immediately following the update. Will say later whether actual efficiency changes.

Mine is finished and yes, same release notes. (It says it's 2.0.81). One thing though - unless I'm dreaming, my rated range miles went up from 217 to 224 with the update (I charge to the top border of "Daily Driving" which I think is 90%.

My P85+ was usually about 236 on a 90% charge...hmmm...(I have been driving the P85D pretty inefficiently in the couple days I've had it...so could this have been the range "fix" per Elon's tweet? And as I drive less insane-ly maybe the rated range will creep back up above 230? (there is no new "normal" driving mode as some folks had discussed) but maybe that's still coming later...

I went from 217 at 90% to 223 at 90% with this release. Same 90% on 27 month old P85 is 229. Will try a 100% charge next time I am off to do some distance driving.

P85D is battery rev "E" and P85 is battery rev "A."

I was doing a pick up yesterday at Fremont and there were literally hundreds of P85Ds there being prepped for delivery. They were running hard and I didnt see it stopping (I didnt get to leave service till about 8pm). If youre still waiting, they really look like they are trying to get these cars to you....it was impressive how many they were prepping for delivery.

Something to note - I took some time walking through a few rows of the cars. All of the NG cars that I saw with the black leather option had them in the front but not the back. And, I didn't see one car with a color other than black that had NG seats when the option was selected. View attachment 66924
That's my black car I'm sure of it (in the foreground)! :)

Seeing all of these range issues I'm quite glad I am a February delivery, heck, if the update is not out early next year I nay request to be moved to March! I'd like to see if the software update really fixes this issue before I take delivery. BTW, I've got my VIN assigned, FFP69991!

I just got my VIN as well and it is 2 higher than yours. Also February delivery.

:biggrin:3 days 1 hour 18 mins and 25 seconds.

Saturday the 27th 2:00 PM (Birthday)
Fremont Factory Tour and delivery

P85D
Vin # 65542
Panoramic Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Grey Metallic Paint
Grey Next Gen Seats
Glossy Obeche Wood
White Alcantara Headliner
Spoiler
Dual Chargers
Tech Package
Smart Air Suspension
High Fidelity Sound

Last edited:
Guess I'll go check for an update. I forgot to configure Wifi when I got here though... :(

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Was at v6.0 rev 2.0.77. Update in progress.

Edit: Noting that there is no update pending on my fiance's P85.

Last edited:
Interesting! I heard from my DS today and was told my 12/27 May still be ok, and as backup 12/28! My delivery is Tampa so I've been following delivery timeframes. They are really trying hard to get deliveries complete by yearend. Have faith, seems like mine is paying off. Boeing777's car went into production at the same time, however I did not get a complete until Monday.

Updated to .81. Immediately went for a short highway test drive. No noticeable efficiency gain on the short stretch.

Miles gauge was at 218 before update showed 224 after (90%). Drove 6 miles at 420 Wh/mi....

Heading back in a few minutes.