Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chicago area residents who were waiting for their P85D to unload from train on Dec 24, know if this occurred?

Apparently my vehicle is on route to Minneapolis via Chicago. Will be trucked to Minneapolis after unloading from train, but haven't heard if any Model S cars showed up on Wednesday.

So.. highway range first impressions.... not impressed.

I drove a 40 mile stretch of highway normally with the cruise set at 78. 474Wh/mi. Was around 340 in my P85 last month.

Only one data point but not promising...

I'll try again on the return trip.

I got mine yesterday.. and had almost exactly the same results. It appears that you can manage 300 wh/m, but only with much more care than previously (I had an S85). I'm showing at least 25% more power consumption for similar driving conditions. That, combined with the old-style seats make me wonder about investing all the extra $$ - but it is generally more sophisticated than my 1.7 year old S85, and it is certainly FAST!

Ordered: 12/12/2014
Confirmed: 12/25/2014
Re-Confirmed: -
Estimated delivery: February
Scheduled delivery date: -
Actual delivery date: -
Delivery location: San Diego, CA
Color: Black
Wheels: 21" Grey
Interior: Next Gen Black, Carbon Fiber, Black Headliner
Options: Spoiler, Dual Chargers, Tech, Sound, Pano
Trading up from: Honda Accord

Chicago area residents who were waiting for their P85D to unload from train on Dec 24, know if this occurred?

Apparently my vehicle is on route to Minneapolis via Chicago. Will be trucked to Minneapolis after unloading from train, but haven't heard if any Model S cars showed up on Wednesday.
My P85D is on that train too, for delivery to Chicago. My DS said he would send me an email when it arrived, but I haven't heard anything yet. Just shot him off an email this morning to get confirmation that it arrived as planned since I have arrangements to fly into Chicago to pick it up on 12/30. As soon as I hear back from him, I will post an update here.

Targeted delivery date is Dec 31st, but I'm not very confident to have it in 2014. Montreal,QC is far from California. Tesla already did miracles... so they may hit the target. :confused:

edit: and the website shows :

Estimated Delivery

Late December
I'm in the same boat as you are although in Western Canada. Confident DS keeps saying the 28/29 (2-3 days from now) but my website status hasn't changed. Last status from the DS was "it's getting ready to leave the factory" and "we are doing everything we can to make your delivery date".

I believe them and although I would be bummed about not getting my car this year the only reasons are because I would have to wait a few more days (grow up, kid) and that I would want a 2015 VIN for a 2015 delivery but that's not enough reason to be upset - especially considering I'm doing a business lease so the future value is inconsequential to me.

I would say I am patient but anxious. My wife thinks I'm crazy - I told her I'm not crazy... I'm INSANE! :) (she didn't get it).

Hopefully it goes well for you, toto, and you get your car before New Years!

- - - Updated - - -

Same here, in production since Dec.10 but still showing late December. Original delivery date was Dec. 28.
For the record... mine went into Production on the 15th. Still showing Late December.

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered: 12/12/2014
Confirmed: 12/25/2014
Re-Confirmed: -
Estimated delivery: February
Scheduled delivery date: -
Actual delivery date: -
Delivery location: San Diego, CA
Color: Black
Wheels: 21" Grey
Interior: Next Gen Black, Carbon Fiber, Black Headliner
Options: Spoiler, Dual Chargers, Tech, Sound, Pano
Trading up from: Honda Accord
Congrats! Since the initial rush of early adopters I haven't seen a ton of new orders - especially those who are stuck in the black hole (not the one we refer to, but this thread in general which can trap you!) :).
Will be interesting to see if you end up with all the next gen seats by February. Black on black... going to be BOSS! Nothing wrong with the Accord - unless it's an 89 like my buddies was in college - took a beating that thing!

Be gentle. Some of us are not just new to BEV but also to spending $100k+ on a (super) car...

As my wife has a ICE beater*, which prior to my delivery, I was forced to drive on occasion as a scary reminder of life without ABS, side airbags, torque (~140HP?) etc, I can assure you personally you will be thrilled with your new MS, and your first ride will blow your mind. Welcome to the Tesla family. :cool:

*When we drove it through poor neighborhoods, people would come up to us and give US money

So today is supposed to be my delivery.

I still do not have my finance paperwork.

I called the DS and asked what was up, and he said "It should have been posted to the My Tesla portal". Well, it wasn't.

I was given the number to call Finance ... goes to voicemail.

Not pleased.

Give it a try now or in another hour. It's still pretty early here on the west coast.

Honda Accord???? Holly Crow Puff :) :)

tell me about it. shes served us well. 13 years old and almost 200k.

at least its not a camry.

this is true...

Be gentle. Some of us are not just new to BEV but also to spending $100k+ on a (super) car...

spent the full 2 weeks contemplating going through with the order. in the end i went with the irrational thing for my situation.

Will be interesting to see if you end up with all the next gen seats by February. Black on black... going to be BOSS! Nothing wrong with the Accord - unless it's an 89 like my buddies was in college - took a beating that thing!

my original order was grey/black/grey and went through countless design changes in regards to color and options.

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that Santa came early and I took delivery on Christmas Eve. Although I share some same range anxiety now (going from 'maybe charge' at Centralia SC to 'must charge'), the car itself is still a wonder of acceleration and technology. After putting on a couple of hundred miles, I wish there were a few things that were different though overalll as both my first BEV and first 0-60 in < 4 secs car I am still cackling with inane delight every time I take it out. It truly felt like Christmas of childhood, with sleeplessness and disappearing when I should be helping out in order to play with my toy. I couldn't find the limiter on this side of 126 (on private road, honest of'icer) and it was me who backed off as I'm running on Sottozeros. The handling is as per my test drive report - awesome. I tried to find lateral limits and again backed off before the car... Pushing this to the edge is done until summer for me now ;-)

Taking delivery experience was very good. Emerson from service took winter wheels (bought privately) and fitted new tires and tpms the day before delivery and then swapped them with staggered summer ordered wheels. Skyler did good walk through, took some photos of family and car and was out of there in an hour. Another p85d (red) was there being delivered.

Post delivery experience I am having a couple of niggles: both nights I've had the "driver assistance camera is blocked, please clean windshield" error (cleared when car restarted), and the hwpc button doesn't open charge door (mitigated by using the key fob: press and hold trunk button... Found by accident, and have read this anywhere: new to 85D?). Both non critical.

Overall, this is a fantastic car so far and I would buy it again. Only thing that might make me change is the color choice. I picked the best one for me out of the selection, though my request of factory custom paint request was rejected, as seemingly I was a couple of weeks too late.

In terms of editing spreadsheet, I seem unable to do this via iPad. Here's the details if some kind soul can enter it:
P85D metallic gray with gray 21" wheels with Black/Black trim and carbon fiber.
Ordered 11/10, confirmed 11/10, in production 12/15 to 12/18, delivered 12/24
Vin 65197, all options bar rear seats, premium audio and accent lighting
No heated SW. Did have NG front, though not rear seats.

Anywho, thought I'd share and hopefully increase the excitement for those who are still waiting. Good luck and you will hopefully love it as much as I do.

cheers, Mike

For those of you waiting for an update regarding your P85D scheduled for arrival into Chicago by train on 12/24, I just received an email response from my DS. As of this morning, the train is in Chicago, but they are still waiting to get my vehicle to the Chicago - Grand Avenue service center.

For those of you waiting for an update regarding your P85D scheduled for arrival into Chicago by train on 12/24, I just received an email response from my DS. As of this morning, the train is in Chicago, but they are still waiting to get my vehicle to the Chicago - Grand Avenue service center.

Thanks! At least I know they arrived in Chicago. Now it just needs get a truck to Minneapolis!

I did end up getting someone on the phone, and got the paperwork cleared up -- the error I was concerned about did end up happening, but they were able to resolve it quickly.

I guess now the clock starts, 6 hours until delivery.

Good luck!

Also, I posted all of the data from photos I took on my almost 600 mile trip on Tuesday in the P85D in my other thread here: P85D First long trip, range data, etc... - Page 6