Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This did occur to me, but realistically anyone in the market to buy one of these cars will be reasonably familiar with Tesla's model. I also just sold my P85+ and am driving around in an ICE, so the D can't come soon enough.

Yeah, I'm hoping I hold onto this one for a while now so by the time I might be selling it, the Tesla way of doing things should be reasonably well known in the marketplace - i.e. the feature list will be most important. For example, if they buy a 2014 Tesla it may or may not have auto pilot capability. Obviously if a 2015 is for sale my 2014 will look older - and of course it will be (albeit it may only be 1 month). I think buyers will need to compare months and of course mileage in future purchases.
Bottom line is that I'm waaay to impatient to put this off until January and I want to sell the current car sooner rather than later and I don't want to have to drive an ICE for any longer than necessary.

On the flip side of that argument, if you take delivery before the end of the year, you get the $7,500 federal tax credit on your 2014 return and whatever your state offers, instead of waiting a year for the 2015 return. There may even be some states reducing tax benefits from 2014 to 2015. Having those credits a year earlier is a nice counter to the reduced resale value of unknown magnitude. I personally would like to have my P85D as soon as possible.

^^^ This.

I want the tax credits in 2014. Louisiana currently offers an Alternative Fuel Credit which for 2013 & 2014 has been determined by the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources to be $13,600 for the 85 kWh Model S. There is no guarantee this will remain for 2015 (although I know of no reason it won't).

Bottom line, I want my new P85D right now! :)

Mike

Yeah that button vanished shortly after the new website came up... But you should have your config and pricing as an attachment in your confirmation email.

Since they have now added more seat and wheel options my order once again showed two buttons - Confirm Now and Design (I had previously confirmed). I just reconfirmed my order and now have the "View Design" as it was last year when I ordered.

Mike

Yeah that button vanished shortly after the new website came up... But you should have your config and pricing as an attachment in your confirmation email.

I never got a confirmation email. Somewhere Tesla has an old email address for me. They're trying to figure it out. The correct address is listed on my profile page.

oh cool. going to change my interior to grey. I was always afraid Grey/black would have been too dark.

that, and the grey interior/seats with the black alcantara headliner is GORGEOUS.

going to run 21" greys for summer and order the 19" silvers for winter.

Last edited: