Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
was told the train with my P85D is now in Pittsburgh (Status changed to 'in transit' on 5/14) .. Would be great except lots of stuff to do beforehand, and the dualcharger still hasn't arrived at the Rockville SC yet. So prob going to pick up my baby next Monday when all's said and done..

I am in the west end - Kanata. I still haven't heard more from them. I'm so excited.... but the wait is killing me.
The rough date they gave me in Montreal was May 22 with a tentative delivery to Ottawa on the 23rd. So the same date they gave you. I have the Mike, our local OA, trying to GPS track the exact location for me. I'll let you know when he gets back to me. Got a feeling we'll be on the same train/truck.

btw what part of town are you in? I'm out in the Manotick area.

Where are some pic's?

Here they are!

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1841.JPG
    IMG_1841.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 382
  • IMG_1841.JPG
    IMG_1841.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 376
At least they are telling you the status. I haven't heard since late Friday. Argggg

I wasn't getting much satisfaction from the DS in Montreal either. Send him email and you will easily prove the existence of black holes. Fortunately Mike, the local sales rep is much better at customer service and if I nag him a bit he helps me out.

At any rate by now I have to assume that the train is close to its destination. When I did get a response from the DS he said it should arrive tomorrow.

Tesla in general needs to improve customer communications since I see a lot of people mentioning it

I wasn't getting much satisfaction from the DS in Montreal either. Send him email and you will easily prove the existence of black holes. Fortunately Mike, the local sales rep is much better at customer service and if I nag him a bit he helps me out.

At any rate by now I have to assume that the train is close to its destination. When I did get a response from the DS he said it should arrive tomorrow.

Tesla in general needs to improve customer communications since I see a lot of people mentioning it

When I was waiting for my car to come from Vancouver, the sense I got from the DS was that they were overwhelmed and understaffed for the sheer number of cars they were delivering. A ton of these cars were sitting on the lot in Vancouver just waiting to be delivered. This is good news for Tesla, since they are obviously selling more and moving more cars than they probably anticipated in Canada. But they really do need to hire more people to help with getting these vehicles into the hands of eager owners. It seems like there is a chasm between production and final delivery (some have called it the "black hole").

When I was waiting for my car to come from Vancouver, the sense I got from the DS was that they were overwhelmed and understaffed for the sheer number of cars they were delivering. A ton of these cars were sitting on the lot in Vancouver just waiting to be delivered. This is good news for Tesla, since they are obviously selling more and moving more cars than they probably anticipated in Canada. But they really do need to hire more people to help with getting these vehicles into the hands of eager owners. It seems like there is a chasm between production and final delivery (some have called it the "black hole").

Yeah I kind of figured something like this; however, when you are dropping $135k for a car, pre-delivery service is one of the things that shouldn't come into question. Tesla's success shouldn't impact anyone in a negative way.

He told me pretty much the same thing, so we are at least on the same truck to Montreal and presumably to Ottawa.
From the sounds of it I thought you might be ahead of me. It was on the 19th you were in Chicago. Makes sense we would be on same truck but strangely out of sync information. When you say local sales rep is there one in Ottawa ? I only go through Montreal dealers for now. I get replies back at weird time though. 11 pm. They must be swamped.