Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats... Mine shipped on the 19th. Seems like forever.

Who is your DS? It's funny, I e-mailed them yesterday morning asking about the status of my car, haven't heard anything back yet. I just happened to check the status online, so I am assuming my car is sitting at Dania Beach waiting to get prepped for delivery. I am definitely disappointed with the level of service and lack of responsiveness from the DS so far. I am half tempted to drive up there and check in in person.

Who is your DS? It's funny, I e-mailed them yesterday morning asking about the status of my car, haven't heard anything back yet. I just happened to check the status online, so I am assuming my car is sitting at Dania Beach waiting to get prepped for delivery. I am definitely disappointed with the level of service and lack of responsiveness from the DS so far. I am half tempted to drive up there and check in in person.
I would. My DS is Travis or Phil. They have been very responsive to me, just not with the answers I want to hear. lol. I do not have there email, so I call the Dania location. I am diappointed in the length of time in shipping. It appears the car was in limbo at the factory. I think there has to be a quicker or more organized shipping method and tracking. But good luck on your car.

I also got
Production Complete
Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.

My DS here in NJ has been great, very responsive. He indicated that they are double booked for a week doing deliveries, so despite the update above might not get the car for another 7-10 days...guess they are selling well!

I would. My DS is Travis or Phil. They have been very responsive to me, just not with the answers I want to hear. lol. I do not have there email, so I call the Dania location. I am disappointed in the length of time in shipping. It appears the car was in limbo at the factory. I think there has to be a quicker or more organized shipping method and tracking. But good luck on your car.

I've been e-mailing Phil, guess I should actually call and see. A co-worker said they were unimpressed with him as well, had to call to get any response, always the same excuse, how busy they are (I am busy too). But I agree, the shipping is crazy, I am sure using rail is cheaper for them but a total bummer for the customer. I really wonder how they will do when they have the Model 3, no way this process works with any real volume of cars moving through (unless they don't allow configurations and sell version A, B or C).

So close, yet so far.

I would. My DS is Travis or Phil. They have been very responsive to me, just not with the answers I want to hear. lol. I do not have there email, so I call the Dania location. I am disappointed in the length of time in shipping. It appears the car was in limbo at the factory. I think there has to be a quicker or more organized shipping method and tracking. But good luck on your car.

I just got off the phone with Travis, glad you recommended calling!!! My delivery is now scheduled for this Saturday at 4pm as a result (could have done 10 am but have another appointment). Even closer now!

An early congrats. I just heard my car, which was supposedly shipped last Tuesday, is only in New Mexico, after 10 days. Slow train...

My car showed shipped on 5/14, was in the Clovis, NM rail yard on 5/20. Arrived Dania Beach on 5/27. Thought the timeline might help you a little. I think my car must have moved from the factory onto the train without much delay based on the 6 days from shipped to NM. So let's hope your car is 7 days away or less!

An early congrats. I just heard my car, which was supposedly shipped last Tuesday, is only in New Mexico, after 10 days. Slow train...

After 10 days of "in transit", mine was in Arizona... a loooong way from Montreal, Canada!

But there's hope: they don't update their status often according to an employee I saw this week. He says the car's last checkpoint was Arizona, but it had left 7 days ago!

If I could only make that train go faster...

After 10 days of "in transit", mine was in Arizona... a loooong way from Montreal, Canada!

But there's hope: they don't update their status often according to an employee I saw this week. He says the car's last checkpoint was Arizona, but it had left 7 days ago!

If I could only make that train go faster...

Hopefully you don't suffer the same fate I have. My car has been stuck on a train in the Chicago railyard for a week, which means my Late May date is now quickly turning into mid-June. Tesla keeps saying "there's nothing we can do" which seems like a cop-out to me. They could have chosen to not use trains. They could get cars off the rails when they get stuck somewhere.

When buying my last Porsche, it was supposed to move from Halifax to Montreal by train, but when that became problematic the company quickly pulled cars out of the port and trucked them so they could meet their committed date. With Tesla I have instead been getting lots of conflicting information, when I can get an answer at all.

I have to say that my experience so far with Tesla hasn't really been positive when measured against other luxury cars I've purchased. I really hope the car is better than the purchasing experience so far. If Tesla is going to take on the Germans it's going to require more than a battery and a 17" display. It requires solid logistics too.

Well, so much for my delivery on Friday or Saturday of this week. My car was in Chicago (same time as Sgutz it seemed). Then I was told it was put on a truck and shipped to Canada that way. Then two days later a different rep told me that in fact it wasn't on a truck but was trained into Canada and is in Concord. It has now been there for at least 2 days or more it seems, and isn't on a truck yet as of last update to Montreal. Strangely, they say while they can pin the car, there is only so much they can tell us. Why the state secret over exactly where it is? planning around this is becoming ridiculous. At this stage I am highly doubtful that I will receive the car before end of next week. Also being told that delivery will be further delayed due to scheduling of the truck to deliver it. LOL. Like they couldn't tee that up in advance :) oh wait. no idea when it will be trucked.

So that will teach me. Order way back in Feb. ask for May delivery to avoid spring roads thinking should be easy to make that. And then now will receive my car after those that ordered in March and asked for April delivery. silly boy :)

Hopefully you don't suffer the same fate I have. My car has been stuck on a train in the Chicago railyard for a week, which means my Late May date is now quickly turning into mid-June. Tesla keeps saying "there's nothing we can do" which seems like a cop-out to me. They could have chosen to not use trains. They could get cars off the rails when they get stuck somewhere.

When buying my last Porsche, it was supposed to move from Halifax to Montreal by train, but when that became problematic the company quickly pulled cars out of the port and trucked them so they could meet their committed date. With Tesla I have instead been getting lots of conflicting information, when I can get an answer at all.

I have to say that my experience so far with Tesla hasn't really been positive when measured against other luxury cars I've purchased. I really hope the car is better than the purchasing experience so far. If Tesla is going to take on the Germans it's going to require more than a battery and a 17" display. It requires solid logistics too.

I checked with the DS just now and I'm still stuck in Chicago for an 8th day. Interestingly he suggested it "might" be delayed because of a bridge problem in International Falls MN. I might believe that if the bridge in question wasn't 400 miles in the wrong direction.

Getting kind of tired of the sad excuses for not being able to deliver. It's time to stop making excuses, Tesla, or you're going to start losing customers. Elon? Are you listening? I'd really love to tell everyone around me they should buy a Tesla, alas I'm coming close telling them not to bother.

I checked with the DS just now and I'm still stuck in Chicago for an 8th day. Interestingly he suggested it "might" be delayed because of a bridge problem in International Falls MN. I might believe that if the bridge in question wasn't 400 miles in the wrong direction.

Getting kind of tired of the sad excuses for not being able to deliver. It's time to stop making excuses, Tesla, or you're going to start losing customers. Elon? Are you listening? I'd really love to tell everyone around me they should buy a Tesla, alas I'm coming close telling them not to bother.

Do you really expect Tesla to find your train in a railyard somewhere and offload the cars onto a truck and drive them to you? Come on. Blaming Tesla for delays in railroad logistics is a bit ridiculous.

Do you really expect Tesla to find your train in a railyard somewhere and offload the cars onto a truck and drive them to you? Come on. Blaming Tesla for delays in railroad logistics is a bit ridiculous.

I agree, it's out of their control. But if they do have the ability to offload and move forward with another method I'd hope they would do that. With the extremely high profit margins on these cars, way more than others, they should go above & beyond to improve the delivery timing & process. Seems like that is a negative influence lately for sure.

I agree, it's out of their control. But if they do have the ability to offload and move forward with another method I'd hope they would do that. With the extremely high profit margins on these cars, way more than others, they should go above & beyond to improve the delivery timing & process. Seems like that is a negative influence lately for sure.

Actually it's not out of their control - it's certainly out of mine. They chose the method of transport, not me, and they should stand behind that choice. Things go bad in logistics all the time, which is why there should always be a plan B. I can understand delays, but 8 days sitting in the same place without a proper reason is hardly acceptable when you are selling cars in this market segment. At the very least, if I was Tesla I'd first claim responsibility rather than blame someone else, then I'd quickly be parking a loaner car in the customer's driveway for as long as it takes to get it sorted out - just good customer service when a mistake happens.

Instead they've done nothing but blame the carrier they chose and make excuses to me. Unfortunately, as much as I'd love to buy the car I ordered and be a happy customer, I'm now in a mindset where I'm doubtful. If they can't work around basic problems in their distribution channel, how can I ever believe that they'll be able to give me on-going service after I purchase.