Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my attempt at posting the pictures:

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image6.jpeg

Last edited:
Not to rain on your parade, but I think I was actually in Toronto almost another week in the train yard there I was told. I don't mean to be negative, but I was so frustrated it was "right there" and I couldn't get it :-(

I'll tell you my parade is pretty wet already!! I'm pretty zen about it now, sorta passed the angry stage. If it's a week, then I'll only get my car once I'm back from my week in the sun - which'll make my vacation week seem suuuper long!

BTW your car looks really amazing! I chose the same color so of course I can't disagree :)

Not to rain on your parade, but I think I was actually in Toronto almost another week in the train yard there I was told. I don't mean to be negative, but I was so frustrated it was "right there" and I couldn't get it :-(

Sweet ride. Man, those tires are low profile. Watch for those Ottawa potholes.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll tell you my parade is pretty wet already!! I'm pretty zen about it now, sorta passed the angry stage. If it's a week, then I'll only get my car once I'm back from my week in the sun - which'll make my vacation week seem suuuper long!

BTW your car looks really amazing! I chose the same color so of course I can't disagree :)

Eric emailed me yesterday to say mine was finally in the country. Looks like I could pick it up Saturday if I wanted to drive it back from Montreal. Got too many things going on, so I'm getting him to deliver it, which makes it next Thursday worst case. @Ben yours will be next for sure.

Last edited:
Eric emailed me yesterday to say mine was finally in the country. Looks like I could pick it up Saturday if I wanted to drive it back from Montreal. Got too many things going on, so I'm getting him to deliver it, which makes it next Thursday worst case. @Ben yours will be next for sure.

Got some news from Eric today: the car will be leaving Toronto monday and I am trying to schedule a wednesday pick-up :) The excitement is back to 100%!!

Bad news today for me. After 28 days in transit my Car sits in the train yard and it's not possible for my DS to:
1). Expedite the departure from the train yard. Que sera sera.
2). Prioritize it for delivery in any way once it arrives at SC.

My people in the logistics business tell me that I could be looking at 2 additional weeks in such a scenario.

So Tesla has got people working for their company in charge of delivery experience who have no actual control on effecting change on the delivery experience. That's got to be pretty demoralizing for them to work there as they have to repeatedly call customers who just dropped $130k (Yes I paid in full 2 days before my first delivery date) and cancel/postpone deliver dates and appointments. There is no way I am alone in this either.

All my buddies at the golf course are turning this into a sarcastic joke now. Hey man how's your car? Lol... Nope not here yet. When's it coming? Not sure lol? Should be another fun weekend.

If if there were any viable alternatives to the Tesla I'd be REALLY regretting my purchase decision now. This is a straight up nightmare customer experience and should be easy pickings for more professional competitors once they have products that compete.

Your golf buddies won't be laughing once you launch the car with them next to you.

Seriously, though, start by asking for your money back until they deliver the car. Did your DES give you a reason the car is so stuck in the train yard? Doesn't seem to benefit anyone in that situation.

Finally, I would not take no for an answer on #2.

I guess my request to delay my order did work since my order was confirmed 5/13 and just went into production today. Kmontoya looks like yours jumped ahead of mine if you are picking up next week. I haven't heard anything about a pickup time yet.

Yes, I checked with my DES earlier and he said that to expect it the week of 6/15. A little earlier than I expected (was told late June at order time.) Fortunately my HPWC was installed today, just in time. Hopefully SCE doesn't take too long to install the additional meter.

My car was stuck in the railcard because they claimed it was mislabelled as a Chicago delivery. I shot a message to Jerome Guillen, who runs all of Tesla's sales and delivery, and he helped get me information very quickly. Back to the point where I quickly no longer felt the need to ask for my money back. Fortunately a couple days later, my car is being delivered later today because they put it on a truck and fast tracked it. This is what I'd expect them to do.