Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I exported the delivery data spreadsheet to excel at 12:30pm PST 12/17 and played with it to better understand the size and nature of the "P85D Black Hole" - posted on the thread dedicated to that topic, but though people here would find it interesting.

· To be a member of the P85D BH you entered production between 11/21-12/5 and waited/are waiting 10 days plus for production to complete
· # Original members of the BH: 68
· # who have finished production: 32
· # who remain in BH: 35 (1 cancelled)
· Average Production Time for those completed: 17.4 days
· Longest that has completed: 24 days
· Longest that hasn’t as of 12/17: 26 days
· # of BHers Exited Production on: 12/16: 8, 12/15: 14, 12/14: 3, 12/13:1, 12/12:2, 12/11:1, 12/8: 1
· If 12/16 pace holds – list will be cleared in 4.5 days
· # of cars who began production after the hole and have been completed: 17
· Average Production Time for Non-BHers - 4.7 days

Okay, got that out of my system.

Ross

It seems there are small holes that many of use individually are falling into, though not in the big bulk mass of those that began on initial production. My car entered production on 12/06 still there 11 days later.

Hi Axel,

I'll ask my DS if it's possible to pick-up the car in Tilburg since it's only 100 KM from my place (Belgium, Diepenbeek).
I've planned a factory tour in Tilburg (January 2nd), mayble I'll get some more information there too.
My scheduled delivery is also in March.
I'll keep you informed :)

Hi Danny
Sounds interesting. It'l be good if you can get some information from your Tilburg tour.
Axel

@Brownbody. Sweet! Just five days from complete to actual pick up in Chicago. You are first in Chicago as far as I know and beat the expected delivery by 2 days!! Big Congrats and please post pictures and delivery experience. Now that is Tesla service we can all smile about. :biggrin:

OMG I am so jealous... my baby was still awaiting transport as of yesterday (Can I spring for my own truck? We can split it between the others here in Chitown!). Wonder how long before the next truck comes?

Oddly, walking from my building to the L tonight, I saw a black MS with temp tags... and thought "wow, that's odd, someone got a new one within the last 30 days and it wasn't a P85D... or did someone get theirs before mine...?" (I couldn't see from across the street if it had the P or D on the back insignia).

Enjoy your ride. We should do a meetup of all the D owners a week or two from know when hopefully the backlog is all flushed out!

Where are you taking delivery, Mt. Kisco? Mine was completed on Monday the 15th but my delivery for Saturday the 20th was cancelled. No new date scheduled yet.

Milford, CT for my pick up location, although Mt. Kisco is about the same distance in the opposite direction. At least you got notified - as of right now I still have an appointment to pick up tomorrow with the car just completing production today. /facepalm

Congrats Cottonwood! BTW, how did you order the new version TPMS's? Do you happen to have a Tesla Part Number for them off hand?

Thanks!

Just picked up the TPMS's at the Denver Tesla Service Center, and took them to Discount Tire; $50 each plus tax. They are Tesla labeled with a Tesla part number. Sorry, should have taken a picture.

Talked to the local folks here in Denver about delivery. They said as soon as it's on the truck, they will get a Denver arrival date and time from the truck driver, then call me to set up a pickup time! The rough guess now is a day or two to get on the truck, two days on the truck from California to Colorado, a day of local prep, then I can take delivery.

Last edited:
Happy Day! 63613 out of production and into being prepared for pickup and delivery! Ordered 10/14 (I was an S order from 9/14 or so and re-booked with D), in production 10/10. Heading to PDX. We need some good news here since our friends' 6th grader died in her sleep last Thurs...

yikes. Just an FYI. My dashboard still said "being prepped for delivery" as I was picking up my car.

I exported the delivery data spreadsheet to excel at 12:30pm PST 12/17 and played with it to better understand the size and nature of the "P85D Black Hole" - posted on the thread dedicated to that topic, but though people here would find it interesting.

· To be a member of the P85D BH you entered production between 11/21-12/5 and waited/are waiting 10 days plus for production to complete
· # Original members of the BH: 68
· # who have finished production: 32
· # who remain in BH: 35 (1 cancelled)
· Average Production Time for those completed: 17.4 days
· Longest that has completed: 24 days
· Longest that hasn’t as of 12/17: 26 days
· # of BHers Exited Production on: 12/16: 8, 12/15: 14, 12/14: 3, 12/13:1, 12/12:2, 12/11:1, 12/8: 1
· If 12/16 pace holds – list will be cleared in 4.5 days
· # of cars who began production after the hole and have been completed: 17
· Average Production Time for Non-BHers - 4.7 days

Okay, got that out of my system.

Ross

Thanks for the analysis!
I'm still in that hole... I did go for a test drive today, FANTASTIC! Is the only way to describe it.
My DS (who has been amazing throughout this process) is confident it'll get here before the new year, but I think it'll probably slip into the new year. Not a real biggie in the scheme of things.

Congrats to all of you who have received theirs so far! Drive safe!!

Thanks for the analysis!
I'm still in that hole... I did go for a test drive today, FANTASTIC! Is the only way to describe it.
My DS (who has been amazing throughout this process) is confident it'll get here before the new year, but I think it'll probably slip into the new year. Not a real biggie in the scheme of things.

Congrats to all of you who have received theirs so far! Drive safe!!

Yeah! Just checked again today and I'm at production complete! I'm 100% in the black hole group. Ordered the 10/10...was in production about 24 days...till now. I still have no ETA on delivery...here's hoping I'll get a call from my DS tomorrow - delivery location Syosset, NY

Andrew - what did you decide to do? Are you taking delivery of the current build or reordering?

Mike

My original car is on its way east. If it makes it by Monday, and assuming everything looks in order, my plan is to take it. If the car misses the date, then I'll re-order, since I won't be back until January anyway. That's the current thinking anyway :)