Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This includes used car imports as well, I believe. If someone brought in a used car through Tesla (maybe even a USA-based trade-in?) to Norway, wouldn't that count against the 50,000? The idea is to get 50K on the road.

The number of 50 000 includes new and imported cars, yes. But we are of course hoping that the government will increase this threshold.

On another note: My car just went into production (VIN 5YJSA7H23FFP677XX)! :biggrin:

ICE vehicles in Norway are ludicrously expensive though. For the money I'm spending on the P85D I could've bought a new BMW 520 or a couple of years old Audi A7. Yeah, tough choice.

I used a calculator to estimate what my P85D in order would cost with tax. With the terrible exchange rate between NOK and USD in mind, the price is still about 270 000 USD. Had to have spent about 130 000 USD just for the number of HP. In the words of @frosken; "Yeah, tough choice".

New software update downloaded today. Havent really had a chance to go through it in detail, but it appears adaptive cruise control is now in. There is now a backup cartoon thing that pops up on the camera when in reverse. And that's all I've got for now. I don't believe anything has been updated on the motor idling/range issues, but I could be mistaken. Will check in later.

New software update downloaded today. Havent really had a chance to go through it in detail, but it appears adaptive cruise control is now in. There is now a backup cartoon thing that pops up on the camera when in reverse. And that's all I've got for now. I don't believe anything has been updated on the motor idling/range issues, but I could be mistaken. Will check in later.

There's a thread on Firmware version 6.1 here: Firmware 6.1

I guess the newer VIN will help with resale down the line too. Plus the next gen seats will come pre-installed so that saves another headache. The biggest downside is the loan paperwork that has to be done from scratch through Alliant.

Just hoping they can attach the P85 loaner to my Tesla account so I can control it for the next few months from my phone. The regional guy helping out says its not something they usually do but he will see what can be done in my case. Hoping for the best.

island
2015 ViN!!! The glass is half full.

Just took delivery of my P85D today. I think somebody deleted my name off the spreadsheet because I can't find it on there anymore. Anyways, ordered 10/10, confirmed 10/24, estimated December, actual January, etc...

IMG_0818.JPG

Picked mine up from Highland Park in a snow storm; 4" of snow. Luckily they had the winter tires on and the summers in the back. I'm getting the xpel full body wrap and opticoat put on today. SO I'll be without her for a few days. Heated steering wheel and next gen back seats.
IMG_10631.jpg

Nice car! If you don't mind sharing, where are you getting the full XPel wrap done? Tried to do this earlier last year and could find no installers that would do the full body n the Chicago area. Are you getting Opticoat done from the same shop? Thanks.

Yep. Chicago Auto Pro's. I'm doing a full writeup and review on it and will post on here in about a week. The clear bra has to cure. I have partial xpel on my g37 and jx35. I went full body cause I dont want to ahve to deal with swirl marks ever.
Chicago Auto Pros |
I'm getting the full body xpel and opti coat on top of it. They are also doing opti coat on the rims, puting opt leather and glass on as well. They are tinting all the windows 35 percent and its cereamic so the rear should be good for kids and keeping solar heat out of their face. All done in the shop. Jason Otterness is the contact there you want to talk to. He's getting swamped with Tesla's Mine is his first p85d and he's got 3 more in the coming week.

Hmm... Today mytesla is back to showing "in production" _again_... :confused:

A bit strange since it was supposed to have been in transit for over a week:(
@gpetti, sound familiar? Could this be the beginning of "The European Black Hole"!? LOL

Overall, it looks like Tesla HQ had a mad push to complete cars for the Q4 deadline and worked through the holidays. Then they offset the break and many had the first week of Jan off because there was very little action. Now it seems as though it's all about Europe with many productions beginning for our friends across the pond. While I'm certainly happy for them... I'm still in the dark on where my car is. Thanks to @gpetti I now have a loaner so I'm not struggling with one vehicle.