Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We picked up my wife's car, P65512, on Monday, just in time for a blast out to Tofino on the west coast of Vancouver Island. The car is truly amazing. Being a Sig owner, it is really incredible to see how far the car has evolved in just two years. We were lucky enough to get our grey next gen seats at delivery (front and back). Yay! They are a massive improvement! We had it Opticoated and Xpel on the front-facing surfaces BEFORE delivery-- Vancouver Tesla Service ROCKS!
View attachment 70590

Congratulations!
I was surprised even with only an 8 month period since my first car that there were some noticeable differences. Some cosmetic, but I also noticed that the pano roof seems somehow quieter. Might be my imagination. If only I'd realized initially that the car next to mine at delivery was in fact my old car, I could have done some comparisons.

Thanks!
I arrived at the SC and walked up to this car that looked like my spec - I was actually surprised to see my VIN number and realize this was the car. Nothing obvious wrong with it besides some paint swirl that will not be visible by the time it has been detailed and wrapped. I was delighted to see that front and back next gen seats were installed and obviously the heated steering wheel. It also has 6.1 installed (114) so basically the best I could have hoped for after taking the re-order plunge.

Totally missed out on your announcement! Congrats. Another p85d on Calgary roads.

- - - Updated - - -

My loooong awaited delivery happened today. Had difficulty with the Registry office as the NVIC form hadn't been sent to me but the nice guy at the Registry got me on the road. Was too busy today to really enjoy it but did get to drive to a few appointments. Tried a launch with my assistant in the car and she was amazed.

Even though my temp DS (covering for my regular DS) said I had a heated steering wheel... I lost the lottery. :( Still happy with the car, though!!

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing it zip around town.

Did your assistant react like those people in that viral video? If you don't know what i'm talking about it is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpaLgF1uLB8

Other things I think will show up eventually or would be nice:

Heads Up Display (HUD)
Self Closing doors (you close the door but it powers in the last latch)
Self Closing Frunk (Improved Frunk Latch - similar to the self closing doors)

great idea... I would love that!

- - - Updated - - -

My loooong awaited delivery happened today. Had difficulty with the Registry office as the NVIC form hadn't been sent to me but the nice guy at the Registry got me on the road. Was too busy today to really enjoy it but did get to drive to a few appointments. Tried a launch with my assistant in the car and she was amazed.

Even though my temp DS (covering for my regular DS) said I had a heated steering wheel... I lost the lottery. :( Still happy with the car, though!!

Congratulation.. very nice.

Essentially my car was formally delivered to day as I signed off on it in Vancouver though it will now be delivered to Calgary (to the wrap shop).
Nothing fancy - the car hadn't been detailed yet, no scarfs, plaques or other things though I did get a couple of the new key fob holders. Nonetheless, I'm ecstatic with the car and will now have to bide my time until the car is wrapped (and I'm back from a trip to the UK) when I can really drive it. I didn't drive the car today as it isn't registered yet but I did drive one of their P85D loaners on a quick drive - which was naturally awesome and almost like I've never driven a Tesla before.
bye pure coincidence the other blue car that shows up in some of these pictures turned out to be my old car! Kind of weird to see them both side by side.
I've recently found out that in addition to my first P85+ being in Vancouver and my newly purchased P85D, the P85D I originally ordered (that had disappeared into the black hole) was also in Vancouver - presumably in the same parking lot. Evidently it eventually emerged from the black hole and was delivered to Vancouver - to be re-sold. I believe a fellow Calgarian has now bought it.

I've recently found out that in addition to my first P85+ being in Vancouver and my newly purchased P85D, the P85D I originally ordered (that had disappeared into the black hole) was also in Vancouver - presumably in the same parking lot. Evidently it eventually emerged from the black hole and was delivered to Vancouver - to be re-sold. I believe a fellow Calgarian has now bought it.

Too bad you didn't know. You could have gotten a picture of yourself with all three of them!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, your DS (or the DS acting as your DS that day) may be the one that missed the opportunity to mess with YOU a bit, instead of the other way around. He should have initially tried to give you your black hole car as the car you were picking up, and waited for your reaction when you checked for the heated steering wheel in that one.

Totally missed out on your announcement! Congrats. Another p85d on Calgary roads.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing it zip around town.

Did your assistant react like those people in that viral video? If you don't know what i'm talking about it is this one: Tesla P85D Insane Mode Launch Reactions Compilation - Explicit Version - YouTube
I heard my sister swear for the first time ever today! Everyone is amazed. Not sure what is mor fun riding or giving rides!?

Been having a blast in this car. My kids love it too. Fun talking to people who stop you to talk about the car too (like the guy today who works at the Nissan dealership and can't wait to tell "the guys" he was the first to sit in a P85D!

- - - Updated - - -

OMG - that is incredible! What are the chances.

I heard my sister swear for the first time ever today! Everyone is amazed. Not sure what is mor fun riding or giving rides!?

Been having a blast in this car. My kids love it too. Fun talking to people who stop you to talk about the car too (like the guy today who works at the Nissan dealership and can't wait to tell "the guys" he was the first to sit in a P85D!

Driving in Calgary creates so many Tesla moments that I don't think I've ever logged any in the "Tesla Moments" thread (that I can remember). Tesla is very much in the news so many people have heard of them now but there is still a tiny fraction of Teslas among Calgary cars. Don't underestimate the older generation either. Many Octogenarians (and probably older) have approached me about the car and grilled me with questions. Your story about Nissan reminded me that car dealerships are often the places where you can get the most attention - often from the dealers themselves. I was once sitting in the car on the phone and i could see in the camera, two guys staring and pointing until the realized I was watching them. By the time I went in, everyone seemed to know me as the Tesla owner which rather undermined my attempts to negotiate a price on a used car for my niece.

- - - Updated - - -

My car finished production today and has started its long journey to Trondheim, Norway :)

Late March delivery should be viable.

Exciting !!
Congrats! Nice to see some P85Ds making their way to Scandinavia, particularly Norway which has been a Tesla stronghold for so long.

Got my P85D last night, braved the blizzard for 2 hours to the Lawrence Ave center.

Well worth it! What a car! I'm told I have the first 2015 in Ontario, anyone else in Canada get a 2015 yet? Also got the new keychains that arrived 20 minutes before my pick up, all good all around.

Congrats! Technically I received my 2015 on Tuesday in Vancouver but I'm still waiting for it to be actually shipped to Calgary, i.e. I've never actually driven it. I also got the new keychains - only swag I got. They are leather and classier than the neoprene ones; however, the neoprene ones seem more functional somehow - you can still see the shape of the car and you can still use the fob with the neoprene ones. I guess these ones won't accidentally depress buttons in a pocket or purse. I'll try it and see.

Congrats! Nice to see some P85Ds making their way to Scandinavia, particularly Norway which has been a Tesla stronghold for so long.

Thanks, only 4 days in production and now on its way over here. Yes quite a few P85Ds on their way to Norway at the moment.
I am also very happy to see that a quite a few cars are on their way to our neighboring country Sweden.

As a first time Tesla owner I am really exited, upgrading to a P85D from a Citroen Berlingo Electrique, must be the upgrade of the century :)

Visited the European assembly plant in Tilburg tonight. Could not take pictures and am under NDA.
No P85Ds have arrived yet. They only have a single open chassis of a P85D on display. I didn't get a date when the first containers would arrive but it was clear that the first batch is on its journey to the port of Rotterdam. Mine would be part of the first batch of P85Ds to be delivered in Belgium late February or March.

Congrats! Technically I received my 2015 on Tuesday in Vancouver but I'm still waiting for it to be actually shipped to Calgary, i.e. I've never actually driven it. I also got the new keychains - only swag I got. They are leather and classier than the neoprene ones; however, the neoprene ones seem more functional somehow - you can still see the shape of the car and you can still use the fob with the neoprene ones. I guess these ones won't accidentally depress buttons in a pocket or purse. I'll try it and see.

Strange reason as to why I was the first in Ontario, a few P85Ds (mine included) arrived in Toronto last weekend but for some reason the Gov't of Ontario decided that 2015 Teslas (not 2014s) are ICE cars, not green and thus cannot get green plates or the rebate... The DS in Toronto only found this out when the 2015s arrived and the MTO offices opened Monday. I was the only one not financing the D so I could put normal plates on and wait for them to fix the mess-up and switch to green plates next week... typical government!