Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, not a complete black hole since mine will be delivered on the 12th. It would have been earlier but for the fact that I have been in Brazil for the last couple of weeks and will not be in Florida to take delivery until the 12th. I arrive on a redeye from Rio de Janeiro and rush directly to Dania, Fl to get the car. As my spouse assured me only today, I am not in the slightest bit impatient, just obsessive.:biggrin:

Got my P85D yesterday as planned!! deliver was in Switzerland/Winterthur where they had to deliver more than 30 cars at once where they normally deliver about 1-3 a day I guess ;). So everything happened at a special place (small castle) but due to very stormy weather I was more worried about all the nice cars getting damaged by a flying obstacle, but it turned out fine.

Configuration was perfect besides the missing auto-closing charge port door which we know is not being delivered to Europe cars (yet?). I mentioned this in the handover-document

Interesting was, the 21" where staggered not as some have reported in this forum. 265 in the back and 245 in the front, as it used to be with my old P85+. The firmware was delivered on 6.1 ..200 which was annoying at first as you guys have already had your first 6.2 experience. However, in the same night I got the new 6.2 firmware which is installed now and works as expected.

All in all a great car, and a huge improvement over the P85+ in terms of Seats, noise, handling, and of course all the TACC / auto-pilot stuff up2come.

Cheers

I picked mine up March 25th and wheels are same as yours. I suspect that our cars were built in January before spending almost 8 weeks in transit... Maybe newer builds are no longer staggered. I am thrilled by my Tesla.

Well, not a complete black hole since mine will be delivered on the 12th. It would have been earlier but for the fact that I have been in Brazil for the last couple of weeks and will not be in Florida to take delivery until the 12th. I arrive on a redeye from Rio de Janeiro and rush directly to Dania, Fl to get the car. As my spouse assured me only today, I am not in the slightest bit impatient, just obsessive.:biggrin:

Did you end up picking up a loaner/inventory car? I see you list it as a P85D 2014 and have an older Vin# in the spreadsheet.

It is production date that matters. My car was built in late December 2014, so it remains 2014.
because a Tesla does not have model years the important issue is to confirm that yours will have all the hardware features you want. So late 2014 vehicles are current hardware, exactly as those leaving production now. However major changes, such as autopilot capability, require current production standard

It is production date that matters. My car was built in late December 2014, so it remains 2014.
because a Tesla does not have model years the important issue is to confirm that yours will have all the hardware features you want. So late 2014 vehicles are current hardware, exactly as those leaving production now. However major changes, such as autopilot capability, require current production standard

Most of this is correct, but the last line stating that late 2014 vehicles are EXACTLY the same as those leaving production now is not quite right. There have been some changes since late December. One very notable one involves the heated steering wheel as part of the cold weather package. There are many late 2014 vehicles that missed out on that. There are other changes as well. Off the top of my head, there have been changes involving the yacht floor, the rear next gen seats (a couple of times now) and I believe changes involving the tech package. I'm not on top of all of the changes, but I know with 100% certainty that late 2014 vehicles are most definitely not exactly the same as vehicles leaving production now.

The gist of the quoted post was correct.

Most of this is correct, but the last line stating that late 2014 vehicles are EXACTLY the same as those leaving production now is not quite right. There have been some changes since late December. One very notable one involves the heated steering wheel as part of the cold weather package. There are many late 2014 vehicles that missed out on that. There are other changes as well. Off the top of my head, there have been changes involving the yacht floor, the rear next gen seats (a couple of times now) and I believe changes involving the tech package. I'm not on top of all of the changes, but I know with 100% certainty that late 2014 vehicles are most definitely not exactly the same as vehicles leaving production now.

The gist of the quoted post was correct.

Confirmed. My car finished production Dec. 27 +/- and no heated steering wheel.

Amazing how this thread got buried on page 3 - I used to rely on this one to keep me (in)sane while I waited :)

P85D confirmed April 9th. Still in the production queue - slated for 'late may', but desperately hoping for ASAP. Waiting anxiety is real (but fun).

lining up detailers/protection coats/tinters/HPWC installers in the meantime. Never had this much excitement over a car!

P85D confirmed April 9th. Still in the production queue - slated for 'late may', but desperately hoping for ASAP. Waiting anxiety is real (but fun).

lining up detailers/protection coats/tinters/HPWC installers in the meantime. Never had this much excitement over a car!

I also confirmed on April 9th... but delivery is in june... thanks Canada!! :/

Couldn't agree more with the waiting anxiety!