Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Either Opticoat Pro + or Modesta, with either Xpel or Suntek for hood and impact zones. Going to powdercoat the wheels to a dark grey. Was going to do a chrome deletion too, but may hold off. Definitely going to tint, but trying to decide on what brand - 3M vs. Spectra etc..

Almost too much info on these forums!

And I really haven't even researched charging yet..

What all do you plan on doing? Full hood protection, tint, how about the wheel bands?

Well now its showing as back in the Production Queue ! Arggg. Hopefully like others and its just the glitch until it ships?

I refreshed today and my car is now being built by the factory ! Looks like delivery could be on time for mid-May ! Getting excited. Have the charging station installed at home, now I just need to get it installed at the cottage so I can make the round trip (about 190 km each way).

You may have missed numerous posts about this.
after production completes, there is no status for this phase and it jumps back to queue but it should be shipping soon, as others have reported. A minor bug in their status logic.

I will do so for sure. You are in Ottawa as well? fantastic ! Not sure when they are delivering it yet - will keep you apprised. They will be bringing it from Montreal.
Not sure how many P85Ds there will be. Did you get your electrical installed etc.? The one they recommended for me was awesome.

Yup I'm wired in for my HPWC. I used the Electrician (Watson) that was recommended. They weren't the cheapest but did a great job

Nice. Seems like the P85D delivery google doc died out after the initial rush. However, the other thread/doc is going strong and I really like it. Now starting to see newer VIN than mine go into production so that's good. Still June though and still in queue. VIN 85075.

adamred did you go into production yet or just get a delivery date push? if you're not in the other document you should put your info in there as it's a bit light on P85D

I think it's interesting how some DSs seem to have more information than others. When I asked about specific information on my order he couldn't tell me anything. My confirmation date was April 11th, just 2 days after yours. Maybe some of them just aren't willing to provide additional information or maybe they truly don't have anything? Tesla is as much a tech company as they are a car manufacturer, they should have camera

My DS said my car goes into production May 11th, with delivery time on May 29th. Confirmed the order April 9th, and was hoping for a little luck in getting it sooner.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's interesting how some DSs seem to have more information than others. When I asked about specific information on my order he couldn't tell me anything. My confirmation date was April 11th, just 2 days after yours. Maybe some of them just aren't willing to provide additional information or maybe they truly don't have anything? Tesla is as much a tech company as they are a car manufacturer, they should have camera

cameras on the assembly line and through a bar code system you should be able to see when you car starts assembly and even watch it move through. I am sure they scan each production step, you should get automated e-mails as the car progresses. Eliminate the 'black hole' from Confirmed to production.

Nice. Seems like the P85D delivery google doc died out after the initial rush. However, the other thread/doc is going strong and I really like it. Now starting to see newer VIN than mine go into production so that's good. Still June though and still in queue. VIN 85075.

adamred did you go into production yet or just get a delivery date push? if you're not in the other document you should put your info in there as it's a bit light on P85D

It did. I no longer had the time to dedicate to it, and nobody was volunteered to take it over. Are you interested?

I still have this message: Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California. But in the pick up field below, it now says "June" instead of "late June"
However the DS said it was going to enter production in time for a June 8th delivery to me, which must mean its on a truck late the week before.