Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery to Hong Kong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it still possible to deliver the first batch P85D in July? I don't understand why still saying preferred delivery in June...........

What the next status after production complete and is in transit? Anyone have new status and update?

Slighltly off topic, but here's a P85D in Palo Alto...
I'm in Palo Alto for a week. I thought we had quite a few Teslas in Central, but this place wins - no surprise really. This P85D was parked outside my hotel.
It seems to be a Tesla company car - delivery plates or similar, but seems to be in daily use: dirty, with rubber mats on the floor and a roof rack for a canoe or similar. Big brake discs. Odd looking mount for rear view mirror, which I presume is the radar or ultrasound for Autopilot.
IMG_9703.jpg
IMG_9704.jpg
IMG_9705.jpg
IMG_9706.jpg
IMG_9707.jpg
IMG_9708.jpg
IMG_9709.jpg

Slighltly off topic, but here's a P85D in Palo Alto...
I'm in Palo Alto for a week. I thought we had quite a few Teslas in Central, but this place wins - no surprise really. This P85D was parked outside my hotel.
It seems to be a Tesla company car - delivery plates or similar, but seems to be in daily use: dirty, with rubber mats on the floor and a roof rack for a canoe or similar. Big brake discs. Odd looking mount for rear view mirror, which I presume is the radar or ultrasound for Autopilot.View attachment 87435View attachment 87436View attachment 87437View attachment 87438View attachment 87439View attachment 87440View attachment 87441

Actually, Jason, that's someone's newly acquired personal vehicle.

In California, the white piece of paper on the window and the paper plates (Zero Emission) is what a new Tesla would have until the license plates are delivered, anywhere from 4-8 weeks later.

The presence of roof racks is further evidence of this.

Hi Dennis
Thanks for the clarification - I've spotted a few more since - it's very strange to a Britisher that people can drive around *without* a licence plate...
In Raymond Chandler's novels Philip Marlowe could learn the name of the owner of a vehicle by reading the licence paper on the screen - now a vehicle seen from in front is anonymous. ACLU vs 1984.

Hi Dennis
Thanks for the clarification - I've spotted a few more since - it's very strange to a Britisher that people can drive around *without* a licence plate...
In Raymond Chandler's novels Philip Marlowe could learn the name of the owner of a vehicle by reading the licence paper on the screen - now a vehicle seen from in front is anonymous. ACLU vs 1984.

It's a very "California" thing. Many states issue a large "temporary" plate that goes where the permanent one would go until the actual metal ones are mailed to them. I've known of owners who purposely "forget" to install their plates on their car until forced to do so. One of the things about Model S is that an untrained eye can't tell the difference between a non Sig 2012/2013 Model S with a new 2015 Model S. Especially if the owner "debadges" a new one or is one of the early deliveries that didn't have a badge indicating the Model of S that the person drives.

As a result, some folks keep the paper ones on and make it easier to violate traffic rules.